SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a thread started that I can't find with a listing with all the different weights?

If not, can we have this thread for people to post the weights that they have?

I was originally looking for the difference between Wilson combat with the tungsten weights vs X5 with weight vs TXG but thought it would be good to have everything if we can...tungsten weight or not.

Thanks

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Other than the steel AXG’s, not sure the non-tungsten weighted ones make a whole lot of difference. TBH I would think the tungsten ones would only differ by what tungsten weights you put in, but I could be wrong since I have none of those. But my Wilson vs Sig grip modules, while empirically slightly different, don’t seem to affect how the weapon fires other than the grip itself. MY Wilson feels smaller than the Sig.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The weight difference among all polymer grip modules, Sig or Wilson, with or without weight insert (tungsten or not), is negligible. The tungsten infused TXG grip module is significantly heavier than all polymer ones.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still would like to get this thread going.

Now that AC and LOK have brass, it would be nice to know all the weight differences of all modules in differentconfigurations...

*Compact vs carry vs full
*Stock polymers vs Wilson vs P80 (with and w/o. tungsten weight)
*AXG vs AXG w/brass vs Icarus

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
5,505 Posts
I have grip weights and steel mag wells on several P320's. They don't really add much weight,
but change the balance of the pistol to a point a little lower in my hand.
Helps with the top heavy feeling of the heavy slide and hollow plastic grip module.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I happen to have my Legion in pieces now. The TXG grip module that came with it weighs 13.1 ounces all by itself - no internal weight, no extended magwell.
The grip weight is 1.6 ounces.
Extended magwell is 1.8 ounces

All of this is according to my crappy Amazon food scale. That adds up to 16.5 ounces, Sig says the grand total should be 16.6. I took the extended magwell off mine permanently, I might be one of the few who really don't like those things. But weighing these pieces now I was surprised it was heavier than the internal grip weight.

Can't help you with the Wilson grip, I have one with weights for my 365XL but not my Legion, which I bought because of the heft and overall feel. I don't want a 100% polymer lower on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts