SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a new compact large grip module for my P320, and it was pretty hard to find. I was a little disappointed to get a Gen 1 module but as the compact grips are almost impossible to find, I can live with that. The issue I have is that the mold line in the back of the grip is very pronounced, enough that it digs into my skin as I hold the pistol. My other two frames have visible mold lines, but you can't feel them.

Any of you guys get grips with this issue? Is it alright to just sand it down?

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yea I had that issue with one of mine. It is a small issue, but still annoying. Sanding it down should be fine, its just plastic.

·
Registered
763 Posts
It might be easier to shave it off with an exacto knife. Might be better to keep from getting into the surrounding area, than sandpaper. Either way take your time.

Reactions: DPeter85 and stlmia

·
Registered
571 Posts
As Steve said, an exacto blade is the way to go. It'll be really easy.

Thankfully, the newer runs of grip modules have had much less parting line flash.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I'll go ahead and trim it a bit. I looked to exchange it via Midway USA but they sold out a day after I bought mine.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I tend to my pocket knife and stand a knife blade up 90* to the molding line and scrap it flush . No reason to send it back for something so simple to fix .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts