SIG Talk banner

Grip Module Coating/Painting/Coloring

25491 33
I can't find anything other that the typical Cerakote answer to this question, which yes, is quite nice.

Have we found a cheaper way that will hold up?

The P320 having the inexpensive grip modules just screams for having frames coated in many wonderful ways.

So, what do we think would be the best way to do this without going to the expense of Cerakote?

And I will go one better - show us your refinished grip module.
Reactions: sunmoong
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fde module dyed with Rit dye found at Walmart and many other stores. Not exactly the color I was going after but it is unique. Less than 10 dollars a bottle
Did you begin with an FDE grip module on that?

This is what I am looking for, other ideas. That is a great one.

·
Registered
535 Posts

Koolaid, coffee, wine or basically anything that will stain your clothes or carpet will stain your gun stock or perhaps a p320 grip frame..

Seems like the post above using Rit dye is good evidence that it will work, just not sure of the results..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gun mag warehouse has done a fairly comprehensive rit dye magpul pmag dye experiment. They started with a sand color pmag and used rit dye and tested the outcome of colors. Most came out as expected but some came out totally off. I think they tried dying the pmag gray but it came out blue. Since the p320 grip module is fde the results will probably be similar but darker. If you do a google search you should come up with the images of dye and results.
Some colors came out pretty neat looking, prob get a few extra grip modules once they're readily available and try out.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only issue I see with the Dye is that the article uses a very light sand colored base which probably takes the dye much better than FDE.

However, I may give it a test on a spare grip module I have.

Worst case I can send it out to be coated if this does not work.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have used duracoat and regular rattle can... both have held up well...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.