SIG Talk banner

Greetings From NC

225 Views 22 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  BigBlockBobby
I posted this in the p938 forum, then realized I should have posted it here. Just purchased a new p938 Equinox. It's my first Sig.

Initial observations are very positive, other than reassembly. My EDC has been a Ruger SR9c, which I love, but I have been flirting with trying pocket carry for a little while. I came across a ridiculous deal on a p938 Equinox and couldn't pass it up. Brought her home last night.

Very pretty. Fired it a few times and was pleasantly surprised by how controlled the recoil was.

Broke it down and got initiated into how hard it is to get the spring back in. Ugh. Sure hope this little guy likes running dirty. Haha.

Next step is picking a holster. I use an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3 with the Ruger. Thinking about a Remora or DeSantis because I like the idea of a holster that can be used for pocket and either IWB or OWB. I might also just get an AG shell that fits my current holster. We'll see.

Anyway, greetings from Durham, NC.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Two things to help on cleaning to make it less of a pain in the butt. Not sure how strong your fingers are but hold the notched end of the guide rod in your dominant hand with notched end facing down. Place the spring over the fore end of the guide rod and start compressing spring against the notched end with your other hand. As spring compresses, pinch the spring with your thumb and pointer or middle finger of the hand holding the guide rod and once the spring is fully compressed on the guide rod, hold it fully compressed and place it in in the slide. Since you've done this once already you probably already know but only push the ejector down just enough for the slide to clear when reinstalling the slide. This gun is not hard to reassemble once you do it a few times but it's not nearly as easy as other pistols I've owned. Shooting it makes up for it though.

· Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk and congrats on your new 938. My wife carries one and loves it. I get to shoot it occasional and have to admit, it's a nice gun. Have fun with it. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Two things to help on cleaning to make it less of a pain in the butt. Not sure how strong your fingers are but hold the notched end of the guide rod in your dominant hand with notched end facing down. Place the spring over the fore end of the guide rod and start compressing spring against the notched end with your other hand. As spring compresses, pinch the spring with your thumb and pointer or middle finger of the hand holding the guide rod and once the spring is fully compressed on the guide rod, hold it fully compressed and place it in in the slide. Since you've done this once already you probably already know but only push the ejector down just enough for the slide to clear when reinstalling the slide. This gun is not hard to reassemble once you do it a few times but it's not nearly as easy as other pistols I've owned. Shooting it makes up for it though.
I appreciate the tip!

· Registered
221 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

I appreciate the tip!
Np. This board has some guys on here that really know Sig's. I am still learning on mine so good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.