SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a left handed shooter of a P320 and was thrilled to find in my research such high praise for green force tactical holsters so I bought the left hand alpha directly from them recently. It shipped quickly and is definitely a high quality product however there is, what I consider, a major oversight in engineering of the left hand version of this specific holster. The P320 allows left handers the ability to switch the magazine release to a left thumb side, which I can assume most will, but the holster isn't molded for this feature and will inadvertently release the magazine at the lightest pressure on that side of the gun. .

I have reached out to them twice since receiving the holster a week ago but have yet to receive a response so I thought it in the best interest of any potential buyers to post this now. I will gladly update my post if I hear back from them, but this oversight in engineering is a major issue for left hand shooters who already have a tough time finding gear to support our orientation.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
You would not be the first lefty to learn to use your trigger finger to trip the mag lever . OR Heat that spot up and do a little home spun modifying . Smal ltorch turned away down or heat air gun and go easy . You can modify your holster with out doing any real damage .

Gota say I never heard of green force holsters but then fancy colors or finishes never did get a second look .

·
Registered
763 Posts
+1 heat it up and remold it.

I've never used a torch, always a heat gun or hair dryer...It seems like a torch may go too hot very quickly.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Depends on your ability to not over do with it !!
No intention of doubting your ability, it obviously works well for you, just not sure I would recommend it to someone doing it for their first time. Only reason I mentioned it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man, I was actually on a fb live stream the company just did addressing the issue. It should answer your question/concern.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1305691912819601&id=518343741554426

I am a left handed shooter of a P320 and was thrilled to find in my research such high praise for green force tactical holsters so I bought the left hand alpha directly from them recently. It shipped quickly and is definitely a high quality product however there is, what I consider, a major oversight in engineering of the left hand version of this specific holster. The P320 allows left handers the ability to switch the magazine release to a left thumb side, which I can assume most will, but the holster isn't molded for this feature and will inadvertently release the magazine at the lightest pressure on that side of the gun. .

I have reached out to them twice since receiving the holster a week ago but have yet to receive a response so I thought it in the best interest of any potential buyers to post this now. I will gladly update my post if I hear back from them, but this oversight in engineering is a major issue for left hand shooters who already have a tough time finding gear to support our orientation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is exceptional customer service to address this so quickly and efficiently. I am likely one of the two people that brought this up and for them to turn around a solution so fast proves their commitment to their brand. . Thank you guys!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the same issue with my PitBull tactical holster, but also with the redesigned slide release it was catching on the holster so I just took a culinary torch on low and heated the kydex up enough to remold it. After heating it up and placing the firearm in the holster, it pushed out the spots that need just a bit of space to holster with no issues. This has no way affected retention or anything. I suggest if you order another custom kydex holster, who ever the manufacture is, to make sure to include info about being a lefty in the order notes. I did this when I ordered my second Pitbull Tactical holster that would accommodate a WML, and they followed through on making sure that the opposite side was molded for the left-sided mag release, as well as the redesigned forward swept slide release. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am a lefty and my mag releases are all on right. Before all these customizable pistols and rifles, I learned to release the mag with my middle finger on my shooting hand. Left handed shooters are always an after thought in the industry so I adapted. Honestly if I started switching the mag releases now after all these years it would probably be foreign to me, I would have to adapt and learn a new way. I certainly wouldn't expect an equipment company to conceive every possible firearm configuration.

Glad they fixed it for you.

-Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts