SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
FYI the rebate mentioned in this deal is a SW rebate - which means it will likely be available through most dealers. You can get a non-thumb safety model for the same price with the rebate if you look online, or maybe even your LGS.

I am hoping this rebate extends to the 45 version as well......if anyone hears anything about this please post.

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
What's so yuck about it? I've lived with the safety on my Shield for 4 years, not once has it caused me any grief. Isn't like it engages by itself.
Some people, and rightly so as it's personal preference, don't believe in safety levers on weapons.

I don't like a safety either (DA/SA guy, and strongly prefer the option of thumbing a hammer while reholstering), but I also don't like striker-fired weapons, as just about every video of Negligent Discharges on Youtube/news stories involve them (Not judging, but just pointing-out a fact of my personal research). I wouldn't mind a safety on a striker-fired weapon, because I could keep the safety on while reholstering, then slide the safety off once the gun is safely holstered-up. Again, I know MANY people are cool with striker-fired weapons, but I wish there was some way to, "thumb" the striker to prevent NDs (while holstering) from even happening; this is MY only apprehension about owning striker-fired weapons for carry.

This is a great deal for an extra, very reliable weapon (truck gun for me)...thanks GFFIREMEDIC53 for the original post, and all other key contributors to this thread. It's nice to see such cooperation among such a diverse group of people; humans helping other humans, as it should (always) be.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well since the Shield 45 has the "2.0" texture and apparent trigger enhancement yet is still included I think its just to increase sales.

Believe it or not Trump's election slowed the market as there isn't as much panic and impulse buying of firearms/ammo from the guys I've talked to, so the manufacturers are running more rebates and incentives (which is a good thing for us)

Spoke to Tony at Kentucky Gun Co., this is definitely not a clearing stock type of sale making way for a new model that he can tell because he told me the rebate of $75 applies to ALL Shield models, all calibers, and INCLUDES Performance Center models from the 4/1 to 6/30 dates.

A good thing indeed!

·
Registered
202 Posts
^^^^thats amazing! Fiber optic or tritium sights? I have been looking at maybe updating to Performance Center 45 with tritium sights and best I can find is $590 delivered so after rebate $515 -

Best regular Shield 45 (no safety) I'm finding is $350 from GunBuyer so $275 after rebate - Trijicon HD's are like $150 so I'm at $425 with that and deciding whether the porting is worth it (either one I would do an Apex trigger on)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picked up the Shield 45 w/o thumb safety from PSA for $350 with free shipping - $75 mir = $275... + $35 to my FFL for the transfer of course.

All in all $310 is a pretty good deal. Now just have to decide if I upgrade the sights!

Sent from my ADR910L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Picked up a 45 today from Academy. They matched the Gander Mountain sale 374.99 plus a 15% additional discount. Academy matched the deal plus an additional 5% bring the total down to 303.00. Plus tax

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.