SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
I use Lubriplate on several firearms including my P225 and P226. Greasing takes a little more effort to do properly but lasts a lot longer than oil. It helps if you have some small syringes to squirt it were it needs to go.

Registered
Adding a shim like this solves the problem. This is the P-Shim (shown with decocking lever removed) made from .008" thick brass, it spaces the lever away from the frame while providing lateral support and a bearing surface (other than the frame:c).

This is not offered or being offered for sale here, as our classified rules don't allow that. Anyone is free to make one for themselves of course.

With or without using a shim like this, you should use grease, it'll help.

Registered
I have Bumper's P-Shims on ALL of my P-Series pistols. It is amazing what a difference it makes. You can find them on the "green" forum.

Reactions: bumper

Registered
"green" forum ???

Premium Member
I put a little dab of Skip 2000 EWG under it for functioning. The little wear doesn't other me.

Registered
Bumper's P-shim worked great on my P220 and P229s. I did have to install two of them on one of the P229s, apparently the decocker lever bearing was a bit more worn.

Unfortunately sigtalk can't host videos, I took before and after installation.

Registered
Bumper's P-shim worked great on my P220 and P229s. I did have to install two of them on one of the P229s, apparently the decocker lever bearing was a bit more worn.

Unfortunately sigtalk can't host videos, I took before and after installation.
Rob,

Thank you for the report. Can you post a link to your video using the "little blue world and chain link" icon at the top of the compose screen?

bumper

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.