SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Grayguns trigger bar spring.

6K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  markbidwell 
#1 ·
Hi, whats the difference between the stock and grayguns trigger bar spring?

I damaged the stock one and I was thinking about replacing it with the grayguns one.

spring

#2 ·
My father put both the flat trigger and spring into his P320RX FS. He has an average pull gauge and measures between 5-5.5lbs. He likes it.

For me, I can't tell a huge difference when live firing his vs my P320 (stock spring w/apex flat trigger). Dry firing, I can tell a difference.

Keep in mind I think of myself as an average shooter. I shoot at the range for fun and to improve my accuracy.

#6 ·
Visually, here's what I noticed with mine: A very apparent difference is that the stock sig spring in my 934 variant had a slight bend in the longer leg of the spring close to the coil (all of my P320s have this), while the longer leg of the GG spring was perfectly straight coming off of the coil. Each spring has the same number of turns in the coiled section.

#7 ·
Based on my experimentation with four 320 FCUs and multiple trigger kits, the GG trigger and spring will decrease pull by about 2 or slightly more lbs (Lyman digital gauge, averaging MANY pulls over the four FCUs). The spring alone accounts for about 1/2 lb of that and the trigger itself the other 1 1/2 lbs. This concurs with what Bruce Gray states in his trigger video. The GG spring will slightly decrease the crispness of the reset. Problem is, GG will not sell the spring as a separate item (I called to check). They will replace the spring if damaged during installation or during use IF you can provide proof that you purchased the whole trigger kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.