SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of my friends in the SIGTalk family know, I have been experimenting and testing with three SIGs, a P220 "Black Combat" custom, a P229 and a P226 MK25 (see my thread, "My Favorite Shooters"). I have so fallen in love with these guns that I am beginning the process of upgrading a few others in my carry rotation to have the same configuration. They have improved my shooting, including my DA-SA transition shots so much, and have proven their reliability to me.

Still waiting on some custom BlackPoint tactical holsters I ordered on 3 January for "My Favorite Shooters". Yeah, since 3 January.

Anyway, I am feeling the desire to try Grayguns' Fat Custom Strut in this configuration and am curious if anyone has tried that specific strut with the Armory Craft reduced-mass (skeletonized) DA/SA Hammer that I am using in "My Favorite Shooters". Why? Because after seeing the unexpected improvement in the action with the wonderful drop-in parts I have used in "My Favorite Shooters", along with a little smoothing of the factory parts that I did, I just want to see what, if any, difference there might be with the addition of the GG Fat Custom Strut.

So, after this long-winded backstory, here is the simple question:

Has anyone tried the Grayguns' Fat Custom Strut with the Armory Craft reduced-mass (skeletonized) DA/SA Hammer? I want to verify that the strut's thickness is proper for the width of the slot in the hammer into which the strut is inserted.

I seem to remember someone having an issue with the Sig Armorer's Superstrut fitting the Armory Craft hammer and would like to know if there is a problem with the GG strut fitting the same hammer.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
I have not tried that specific combo, but I'm guessing it would be sweet. Following, because I really love my P220 Combat, and because I just dropped a Sig Armorer Super Strut and Wolff #18 hammer spring in it and love it even more. Curious to hear the input on these mods as well.... (y)

·
Registered
22,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 3 of the AC hammers.
Two with SA struts and the GGI one.
Both struts play nice with the hammers in mine.
Oh, that's good to know. Thanks!
It must have been something off with the one case I read about on the Superstrut with AC hammer.

I have, I think four SIGs with Armory Craft's hammers DA/SA hammer. I really like that hammer. I have two more of the hammers coming for two of my other, regularly-carried SIGs, my P220 SAS Gen 2 Carry, and a P229 SAS Gen 2 .40S&W. I think I would like to try the Grayguns strut in those two. They will be getting the same Armory Craft SPORT TDLs, GG SRT kit, dual-adjustable curved trigger and a little smoothing on a couple of parts, just like the three in my other thread. I would have ordered more hammers and TDLs, but I have to pace myself. :D

Can you tell any difference between the GG strut and the Superstrut in your SIGs?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
They both feel the same to me.
The GGI one does come with an aluminum base and an 18# and 19# spring though.

My 220 is the only one left that doesn't have the hammer and strut.
But I'm getting those soon to round out the group.
The creep that the trigger acquired after installing the SRT bugs me to no end.
The AC hammers eliminated the creepy, two stage trigger feel in my other three that have have the SRT so it should do the same for the 220.
It'll get the SA strut as well, if the strut had been available when I converted the old style strut to the E2 style I would have went with the SA strut to begin with.

·
Registered
22,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shoot! I just remembered that the P220 uses a different strut and Sig Armorer has one for the P220 and one for the P226 and P229. But Grayguns' is not intended for the P220, and he doesn't have one for the P220.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,351 Posts
GBIA, that was Harry_Gorilla, that had the A/C early production Hammer problems, and it was the width of the slot, IIRC.

·
Registered
22,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe that GG is currently working on a strut for the P220 but they have a lot going on. Don't know when it will be available. I may wait as I've been pretty happy with the action of my favorite shooters.

Reactions: Willard

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,351 Posts
GBIA, along the same lines, Milos Klacko was showing a "custom" setup he has on one of his P239s, on a Facebook forum. where he used a slightly modified Hammer Strut, and heavily modified "Mainspring Seat" on a P239 Scorpion.

He told me he would take a couple more photos from different angles this evening when he gets home. I initially thought he may have used a P224 Mainspring Seat, but he said no. I may try my hand at reproducing it, since he reports, it "fits" within G-10 grips, but required minor modification to his wooden grips. Maybe he can roll out these from Armory Craft, to allow removal of the OEM pinned assembly...
milosklackop239.jpg

Reactions: Hammer
1 - 10 of 10 Posts