SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my 1911 off at my LGS to have it made "Combat Ready" as their gunsmith puts it. This entailed a throat and polish, trigger job, spring kit and he refinished the feed ramp(I think is the term he used). He told me when I dropped it off that he had one leave the shop that he had "loading empty hulls." I thought he was exaggerating a bit, but when I walked in he had a mag loaded with four empty shells. He proceeds to slam it into 1911 and rack the slide. It. Loaded. Empty. Hulls. I'm talking it loaded them like it was nothing. He also told me to be careful with the trigger. I had him scale it, just over 3lbs. All of this was done in 10 days, with 11 guns in front of mine when I dropped it off. I couldn't be more happy. In regards to the feed ramp, he took off about an eighth of an inch of it and reshaped it. I don't have a before, but I'll attach the after.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And another pic, just because.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Congrats! For me with a trigger pull that light it would be a range only gun. I have a worked Kimber that is at 3.5 pounds which may be a tad light for me. 4.5 to 5 pounds is as light as I will go for carry but the Kimber is a range queen.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds nice! 3Lbs on the trigger is a light trigger. Shoot her and get used to it.
That definitely the plan, and if I find it's a bit light to carry I'll take it back and have him put it back around 4, which is about what my Legion is on SA. I figure that'll be good with the safety on the 1911. Of course, any input is welcome on that thought

·
Retired Super Moderator
16,799 Posts
Depending on which manufacturer my carry 1911's trigger pull weights are between 3.5-5.5 lbs. I'm fine with 1911's in that range.

So have you had a chance to shoot it?

Reactions: sigke
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.