SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After reading about it here, I reached out to Sig CS last week and inquired about the "free" shroud some have gotten. I was told they are only including free ones for those who have had warranty issues/replacements, and if I wanted one "just because" I would have to purchase it for $20. Which I did. It arrived today and naturally I put it on immediately.

First, its definitely steel, not aluminum, verified with a magnet. Also some have commented the thickness might jeopardize the strength of the mount, but there was PLENTY of threads left on the mounting screws. Plenty.

The only possible issue could be that the plastic strip that came with the R0 remained on the slide and therefore the battery would contact the metal shroud. I plan on contacting Sig optics about that and question it.

The rear notch is a little higher (1/16th of an inch if the measurement of the thickness is accurate) so it will raise the point of impact a bit I expect. But at engagement ranges, it won't matter a bit I don't think.

All that said, I like it a lot. Yes, its a little bigger, but the steel surround is definitely instills more confidence, and should do a good job in protecting all but the most severe impacts an EDC weapon may expect to see.

Given the choice, I'd certainly carry a M17 with a RMR into combat, but that's not quite the mission of this setup...

Here are some photos. I oiled it up pretty good for its first night, so it looks a bit greasy. Note that I am still getting a RMRcc cut for my standard size slide, but that is a different story...

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did they explain why it's not on their website to order? At least, I couldn't find it. I can call but would be nice to just click a few buttons...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm surprised they charged you. I bought my zero through Osage, then after receiving it, called sig about the shroud and they offered to send it to me for free. Guess it depends on the CS agent.

As far as the tape goes, there was none in my package. Several have talked about it, but there wasn't anything in my package. I mounted mine directly onto my XL. It works fine.

I have the shroud, but doubt that I will mount it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts