SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went by the LGs to check on deals, they were having one of their specials.
Most of the used inventory was already packed up for the gun show this weekend at the Expo; but spotted this P6 sig all lonely on the shelf.
Had $399 on it but they were doing $50 off on used guns so, figured what the heck.

Came with 1 mag but dealer found another vintage P6 mag in back for $25

So $350 + $25mag + $10 background/transfer = $385 out the door
Triple-serial#'s, 1979 build date.
W/2mags no box/papers.

Has some expected wear, but didn't see anything bad when I tore it down for cleaning.

It's a nice machine, can't wait to feed it rounds! Thinking of sending it in for siglights/service package deal, $114 from sig through 6/30. Get a lighter main spring, not sure what else..

Suggestions? Comments?

I have a few p230/232 and a p239 so I'm not sure what niche it will feel, just seemed to good to pass up, and man does it feel great in the hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
At that price, who needs a niche? Nice find! Enjoy!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,304 Posts
Nice pick-up! Check with Gun Parts Corporation if you need any extra factory magazines, and suggest picking up a "Parts Kit" even though you are planning to send it in to Sig. Get them now while they are still available, and reasonable price wise. I've replaced both my P6, and P225 mainsprings to 19# Wolff units, easy to tell the difference.

It looks to be in pretty good condition, and you got it for a decent price.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, good advice.
I'll take it out and shoot it a bit before doing anything. Might just leave it as-is it has charm with the age and history.

Looking forward to running it side-by-side with the p239 .40. Contrast/compare.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Congrats on a great find for a great price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.