SIG Talk banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
Similar experiences. People that are that discourteous, worry me about owning firearms.
To be fair, I had a feeling that he didn't realize just how loud it was going to be, or at least never fired it at an indoor range. He looked kind of shaken up by that shot too. But he did keep firing, and everyone left. My teeth ache just remembering it.

All my 'short' AR's are either suppressed and/or have a forward blast diverter/linear comp for both me as well as others at the range. Even my 16" one tat has a brake, it's an AAC unit which I can attach either my suppressor or a flash can over it.

Reactions: Harry_Gorilla

·
Registered
P365, P365 XL, M400 TREAD
35 Posts
Hope you are enjoying it and congrats man. Truly enjoying the .308 cartridge myself. Gets me some dirty looks if I bring it to the indoor range lol.
Pics for attention below =)

·
Premium Member
9,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hope you are enjoying it and congrats man. My first rifle was an AR-10 and I didn't regret it. It's nice to know you can take the rifle out further than an AR-15 if you ever need to.
Beware shooting it at indoor ranges, it's loud and some people seem to get a bit pissy lol.
Pics for attention below =)

View attachment 398348
Looks like I'm not the only one who paid ~$30.00 for the vertical grip. It gave me pause to realize how much I paid for a piece of plastic that I can only get 2 fingers around, Ah, damn, that's right - I only have 2 fingers on that hand! Good thing.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Awesome, now get a magnifying flip away x3 lens behind that and you’re set

·
Registered
P365, P365 XL, M400 TREAD
35 Posts
Looks like I'm not the only one who paid ~$30.00 for the vertical grip. It gave me pause to realize how much I paid for a piece of plastic that I can only get 2 fingers around, Ah, damn, that's right - I only have 2 fingers on that hand! Good thing.
hahaha I think I paid like $21 or something for it, but yeah it definitely could be longer. I'm such a Magpul fanboy I kept it, I will probably just put it on another rifle or one of my g/f's rifles at some point and get a bigger one for the Saint Victor.

·
Premium Member
9,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
hahaha I think I paid like $21 or something for it, but yeah it definitely could be longer. I'm such a Magpul fanboy I kept it, I will probably just put it on another rifle or one of my gf/'s rifles at some point and get a bigger one for the Saint Victor.
That's what mine was, but tax and shipping...

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Nice weapon! The fact that you had a good time and felt like your purchase was justified, suggests that you are a man of good intellect and taste. I suggest that you purchase more AR 10's and test them all, then invite some of us to shoot on a pretty sweet range.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Nice rifle. Congrats!

I don't worry about shooting a .308 with a muzzle brake on an outdoor range. The noise/blast from a .30 caliber rifle (with or without a brake) shouldn't bother anyone wearing hearing protection. It's a rifle range and anyone there should expect loud noises.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
41 Gr of Varget or IMR 4064 with Sierra Match King 168 Gr HPBT @ 2.800” OAL is my go to load. It replicates the characteristics and accuracy of the Factory Federal Match King ammo.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
If you really want to reduce recoil (for volume shooting) and you are NOT concerned about tacicool flash suppression, check out JP Industries Recoil Eliminators. They look stupid, but they work a treat. I was ridiculously surprised at the difference on my AR-10. Not having to reacquire the target after every shot, and watching your shots hit lets you know it's working.

Edit: added the NOT...not sure how I missed that

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I’ve only visited one indoor rifle range. Couple guys shooting custom 22lr competition rifles. They were trying to fuel my addiction, as most of us do. It was pretty enjoyable for about an hour, me getting to shoot some really nice rifles in a very relaxed air conditioned setting. Guy comes in with what appeared to be a Russian brake on his AR15, like the ones Bushmaster used back during the ban era. About half a mag later I couldn’t handle it. I give a couple fist bumps and head out. I can’t imagine a 308 bouncing back off those concrete walls😱. Even with the 556 round, they had a pretty tight list of what projectile was allowed. As an owner, with a large clientele of older shooters, I probably wouldn’t have let that guy in there. But I’m not a range owner:cautious:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
As an owner, with a large clientele of older shooters, I probably wouldn’t have let that guy in there. But I’m not a range owner:cautious:
It's rough. IF I owned a range, I let a guy like such roll in if their were no other customers. If there were other customers I'd suggest he come back at a time when there were not. I give that a 75% chance of working before some whiney mall ninja bad mouths you on social media about "hating ARs" and being a Fudd and business tanks because people are too stupid to understand common courtesy.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
It's rough. IF I owned a range, I let a guy like such roll in if their were no other customers. If there were other customers I'd suggest he come back at a time when there were not. I give that a 75% chance of working before some whiney mall ninja bad mouths you on social media about "hating ARs" and being a Fudd and business tanks because people are too stupid to understand common courtesy.
Yup. I didn’t bring it up with the guys at the counter when I was leaving, because it wasn’t my usual indoor range. I was only there at the invitation of friends who shoot in matches there, and whose names were on the bulletin board there as score leaders. I figure either it was somebody not too bright who sent the guy in, or we had overstayed and this guy was complaining about the wait. Either way, it was LOUD.
I shoot outdoors, with a group of regulars, and we generally let each know if we’ve brought something crazy loud. We all gather round, with that little boy look on our faces, waiting for the show. :oops:

41 - 60 of 90 Posts