SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've likely lost my mind. Been looking to add an AR-10 for several years. With the current funny-world situation; I figured I better bite. Incar was an accomplice. Shout out to him for finding me a sweet deal on a Palmetto State Armory rig. Also steered me to the Vortex SPARC AR red dot. I highly recommend. I have a 3x monocular on order for it. Also added a Caldwell bipod, and Magpul front vertical grip. I won 600 rounds of 7.62 / .308 ammo on GB for a fairly reasonable price. A Savior range bag also added to keep things tidy.

I got it all squared away today, and headed to the range in a light rain. The Vortex sight is awesome. At 50 yards; I had it dialed in to very good paper with 6 shots. Put 20 rounds downrange to verify. Moved to the 100 and 200 yard ranges. As it stands now; this is the most accurate that I've ever shot. That's saying a lot for a mediocre shooter. Best I ever had was a Steyer SSG in the mid-80's. It was bolt action, but insanely accurate. Sent another 80 rounds downrange on the 100 and 200 yard ranges. I couldn't miss. The rain picked up near the end, so I didn't feel like walking back and forth too much.

I'd forgotten how powerful a round that .308 is! It was exhilarating, but betting good money that I'm going to be sore later. A few pics:

·
Premium Member
11,758 Posts
Nice. I wish I could build one...not allowed in my state unless it's a pre-ban lower or as an 'other' with a brace.

Reactions: Harry_Gorilla

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228
478 Posts
I built an AR-10 last fall...it’s a great weapon. It makes me feel confident that I can “reach out and touch” someone if I need to!

·
Premium Member
9,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I built an AR-10 last fall...it’s a great weapon. It makes me feel confident that I can “reach out and touch” someone if I need to!

View attachment 398304
Sweet! I was really surprised how accurate it was at 100 and 200 yards. Every shot was immediately lethal.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Looking good Harry. Enjoy.

I built one using Aero Precision upper and lower a few years ago. Of course I only shoot my reloads on it.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Looks like you had a good time. I haven't owned a AR10 yet but I will at some point I am sure. I really liked the M1A I had which was really accurate and wish I had never parted with it. Lessons learned I guess

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
The AR platform is much tamer in 308 than a bolt action, and can be plenty accurate. For some reason they are not nearly as stingy with ammo😳 I haven’t taken mine out since last spring. Thanks for the reminder.🤔

·
Premium Member
9,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like you need to zero the optic a little. Yea, you'll be sore or at least have some broken blood vessels in the shoulder area. I know I did, but then again i'm kinda brittle.
Shoulder is good for now. Feels like I took a good punch in my right jaw.

·
Premium Member
9,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I have the PSA PA10 GEN3. Bought it mid 2020 before the price increase. Got the best upper plus the best lower they offered then put it together. Couldn’t be happier. Got the 20 inch barrel upper. Aero Precision makes good stuff too.
The specs on mine. Apparently; I got the last, or one of the last. I was out of stock an hour or so after I ordered.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...ide-15-lightweight-m-lok-str-ssa-e-rifle.html

I love the Geissele trigger. It breaks like a candy cane. Best trigger I've ever shot.

Did I mention that I also bought my son an AR-15 the same night? 24" heavy barrel with bipod and scope. Got it first. It's a keeper, too!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
The specs on mine. Apparently; I got the last, or one of the last. I was out of stock an hour or so after I ordered.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...ide-15-lightweight-m-lok-str-ssa-e-rifle.html

I love the Geissele trigger. It breaks like a candy cane. Best trigger I've ever shot.

Did I mention that I also bought my son an AR-15 the same night? 24" heavy barrel with bipod and scope. Got it first. It's a keeper, too!
I only have one PSA, even though I’ve come close to buying PSA AKE a couple times. My PSA AR15 upper has the FN barrel, and I have done absolutely nothing to it since new. It is insanely accurate, despite its price point. Only thing I changed on the lower was the trigger. I have had zero problems with it since buying it 6-7 years ago. I would have no hesitation buying an AR10 from them if I needed another. Enjoy burning through the expensive stuff😉

1 - 20 of 106 Posts