SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
4,560 Posts
I have many Sigs, but I patiently waited since the Legion was announced in hopes that one would come out that I felt would be even better than my beloved MK25's.

Enter the black LE 226 with optic. It was worth the wait 😁 View attachment 502380
Very nice. Love my LE Legions. I see your grips have the Legion Logo. What was the build date of your LE Legion?

· Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice. Love my LE Legions. I see your grips have the Legion Logo. What was the build date of your LE Legion?
I'd have to go pull the box from the garage to get the build date, but I can tell you that it came with plain smooth grips, and I added the traditional Legion grips. Here's a pic of it the day I got it

Attachments

· Registered
89 Posts
I also added Allen head grip screws. They always look better to my eye, and work better too. No marring of the screw head, and you don't get that thing where the flathead line on each screw is pointing different directions
In 'smithing vernacular, when the screw heads are identically oriented - referred to as timed, requiring the wallet to be opened a little wider.;)

Yeah, looks great in black - congrats. Going to borrow the Allen idea.

· Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here’s my Legion Black from before they removed the logo. View attachment 502435
Looks good. I have another 226 with factory threaded barrel I'll swap back and forth to this when I want to shoot suppressed. Looks to be a good host, given the tall sights and optic. Ironically, much better than my Elite Dark TB, with no optic cut and those weird suppressor sights that aren't very tall and don't adjust properly

· Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice gun! I like the looks of the black legions. Good luck. 👍
I predict these black legions will become more mainstream and available. You'll be able to get gray or black, just as you can get black or FDE with other stuff. They'll call it the "Black Tacops" or some other ominous sounding thing.

· Registered
548 Posts
Very nice! I'm very jelly. The color is the only thing I don't like about my Legion and it kind of ticks me off that Sig doesn't offer the black ones to everybody. Apparently they do the same thing with their MCX line. I have absolutely no issue with them offering discounts to Mil/LE/First responders, etc. but reserving "special" colors (especially one as basic as black) for them is ridiculous IMO.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts