SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you carry on you daily that you absolutely do not leave the house without? Doesn't have to be just a gun, but anything like a lighter, light, pocket knife, handkerchief, etc. What are the specific items and why do you carry it, if it isn't obvious. For example, you may carry a small pack of dental floss not only as a means to clean your teeth after eating, but also as a binding agent in the event you're left stranded and need to make a shelter.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
absolutely must take with me.

1. Car Keys. (Cause my House key is on same ring.)
2. Leatherman Wave. Feel naked without it.
3. Leatherman T 33 Pocket folder knife. Better blade and tougher Phillips and blade screw driver.
4. Phone. My Cell phone case also has my Drivers License, CCW permit, and my major credit card. Don't loose any of those.

Almost always take with me.

1. Mag Light. Flashlights are just too handy.
2. SIG 239 and 1 Spare magazine. (either .40 or 357 SIG. Depending on which one I pick up)
3. Wallet with Credit cards, Membership cards, folding money, business cards.

So. there is my ED Loadout.

·
🎖USAF Veteran
3,158 Posts
I have carried a carryall bag for years, ever since my hip said I am not sitting on this d...ed wallet any longer. I remembered seeing guys in Europe with carryall bags of various sizes and got my first one. The one I carry now came from Gun Tote'n Mamas and has a built-in holster for my pistol. It also contains:
a hair brush, hand sanitizer, Tums, kleenex, reading glasses, my wallet, hearing aid batteries, a note pad, a pen, a pencil, a flashlight and calling cards. I also have my cell phone and car keys.

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Pockets
- EDC
- Combat grade pocket knife (I trained for hand to hand knife fighting for years)
- Keys
- Wallet
- Business card holder (with 3, yes 3, different cards - I am a multifaceted guy!)
- Cell Phone
- Spare change
- FitBit One (Gotta keep health at 55!)

By Hand
- iPad Mini
- Notebook
- Bible

These things are Religion to me.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts

G19 in a Raven Vanguard
Luminox 3052.BO (polycarbonate case & band = super light)
Benchmade Stryker
Victorinox Explorer
KeyBar for all keys except vehicle
Leather card holder/billfold
Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA (works on either a CR123 or AAA battery)
Vehicle key
*not pictured* iPhone

Sometimes I'll swap the Stryker for a mini Griptilian & the ProTac for a Streamlight Microstream, usually if I'm wearing a suit. Thinking of picking up a J Frame snubby for that same scenario, when I need a little lower profile setup. All of these items have proven indispensable at one point or another & I always, always carry these items. As others have said, I feel naked without anything on this list. Lastly, for those who may be wondering, why two knives? Well, Father Mattis said it best...

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good stuff, guys! Thanks for sharing!!

Reactions: Jonzim48

·
Premium Member
16,898 Posts
Wallet w/Creds
Comb
Money clip
Keys
Fenix UC02 - on keyring
Fenix PD10 - on belt
Benchmade AFCK 800
Challenge coin
Firearm
In hand - phone & readers

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Ok-perhaps we should expand on this a little further......does anyone carry what I refer to as a "day bag"?? Basically it contains all the items you would find yourself needing on a daily basis or if your out on the road for the day.

Mine contains the following, all wrapped up in a 5.11 MOAB 6 sling bag-

3 spare P225A1 mags
2 Surefire CR123 batteries
Surefire EB1
Benchmade 530
iPad mini
Notepad
4 Sharpies ( 2 red and 2 black)
2 pens
5.11 packable jacket
bag of beef jerky
bottle of water
bottle of Gatorade
3 device chargers (wall charger for iPhone and iPad, car charger for same, wall charger for iPad keyboard)
road flare
bottle of Advil liquid gels
IWB holster and mag carrier (or my OWB rig-depends on day if something changes)
spare pair of sunglasses
ear plugs

(need to add a small trama/first aid unit to the kit yet)

I carry this everyday when I leave the house. It goes to work with me and when I go on the road I grab it and the stuff I need for work.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Ok-perhaps we should expand on this a little further......does anyone carry what I refer to as a "day bag"?? Basically it contains all the items you would find yourself needing on a daily basis or if your out on the road for the day.

Mine contains the following, all wrapped up in a 5.11 MOAB 6 sling bag-

3 spare P225A1 mags
2 Surefire CR123 batteries
Surefire EB1
Benchmade 530
iPad mini
Notepad
4 Sharpies ( 2 red and 2 black)
2 pens
5.11 packable jacket
bag of beef jerky
bottle of water
bottle of Gatorade
3 device chargers (wall charger for iPhone and iPad, car charger for same, wall charger for iPad keyboard)
road flare
bottle of Advil liquid gels
IWB holster and mag carrier (or my OWB rig-depends on day if something changes)
spare pair of sunglasses
ear plugs

(need to add a small trama/first aid unit to the kit yet)

I carry this everyday when I leave the house. It goes to work with me and when I go on the road I grab it and the stuff I need for work.
Yes, I actually carry a pack (the 5.11 Rush 72) with many of these same items with me just about everywhere. It may be overkill in most circumstances, but I have come to believe that being prepared is far better than being without. I also carry a mirror, dental floss, little tooth brushes, paracord, extra pair of reading glasses, etc. I also keep an old pair of hiking boots and a hooded jacket in my truck with an OH NO pack (MOAB 10) that will attach to my EDC pack in the unlikely event I am left stranded and need to trek a few miles to shelter. I used this system (the Rush 72/MOAB 10) in my military days b/c it was a convenient way to keep essentials ready at all times.

Believe it or not, a couple years ago here in Alabama we were blasted with a winter storm that left the city virtually paralyzed for a couple days in a matter of 30 minutes. It started snowing, people were cut loose to go get kids, and literally, in a matter of 30 minutes the city was frozen. I mean cars were left on the interstate and streets with people walking in business clothes, ladies in heels, etc., to hotels or shelters of some design just to get out of the elements. People walked to schools, hospitals, other businesses near by, whatever they could get to. Kids were left at schools along with teachers and other personnel, folks stranded in their offices, all for a couple days, actually. I was home that day, thank God, along with my wife, but it certainly left me thinking I do not want to be caught out in something like that with nothing. My daily "on me" carry is as follows:

Wallet
Keys
Watch
Glasses
Burt's Bees lip balm
Systane Ultra eye drops (a little dry eye)
Spyderco PM2/Case Stockman and/or Case mid-folding hunter
At times an ESEE Izula II belt knife
Swiss Army Champ
Swiss Army mini on key ring
Change, but always a dime so that I can access the battery of my XC-1 WML
Handkerchief
Fisher Bullet space pen
Surefire Backup
iPhone
Glock 19 in an INCOG IWB holster for WML
Spare mag in an INCOG mag holster

I like a lot of the ideas I've gotten from this thread, and I appreciate all the shares.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
At work:
Wallet
Phone
Migraine meds
Keys
Spyderco
Home made cross gifted to me

Out and about:
Add above plus
One pistol
One holster for said pistol
Maybe 1 or 2 mags to get me to 15 rounds depending on what I want to carry

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.