SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Glock vs 1911

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Tacops fan 
#1 ·
I can't recollect if I've ever seen this on here before. None other than The Reaper himself weighing in on the age old debate. FWIW, I pretty much agree with him. They're both battle tested, both excellent weapon systems. Other than a S&W 38, or 357, wheelgun, I can't think of another handgun that has silenced more bad guys the world over than a G19 or a 1911. I own one of each & would trust my life & the lives of my family with either...

https://loadoutroom.com/21293/glock-vs-1911-2/

#2 ·
The P226 has been well used over the years, along with the BHP.

#4 ·
Guess I better run out and buy a glock and 1911 to add to my 18 other handguns I have . Naaaaa , Tried um and sold um at least all but the ultra 1911 .

Beside Sig been carried by many federal level and local LE and I guess your to young to remember when LE carried mostly s&w branded firearms . Pre m&p like when they made all metal semi auto pistols and revolvers carried by most LE for many decades . Do you really want to get into all the brands carried both here and over seas were glock does not have great gun sales to LE .

#5 ·
Referring to the article that the CA Patriot linked, it appears the author may have meant (or should have meant) 1911 Style vs Glock Style pistols. Or '1911s vs Polymer Striker-fires'.

This would take the whole "Glock is better than ____" out of the argument.

However, to me, these are apples & oranges, The 'Glock' style has its place and the 1911 styles have their place. It's not a 'which is best' scenario.

My (controversial) opinion is: If your a novice, non-enthusiast, one gun owner who has little time and interest in training...Get a Glock. It will go "pew, pew, pew" every time you pull the trigger. Otherwise, I think every serious pistol shooter should own at least one 1911.

No flames please :D

#8 ·
Ford, Chevy, Dodge, the same debate just rehashed. Most any of the top manufactures make guns that any of us could trust our lives with. It is really just a new way to debate the merits of a manual of arms.

It's like motorcycles, I have my bias, but I like them all. Each has its own merits and shortcomings. But in the end, you dance with the one that brung ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.