SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Folks have spent more on guns and ended up with less.

As long as you're happy with what you spent for what you ended up with, that's what counts.

Frankly, I don't care what brand name is on my gun if I shoot it well. $900 for a pistol that I shoot lights-out is money well-spent in my book.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
You did good with your 43. I have the same gun did the same thing you have done but left the trigger alone, it's my carry gun and does bite but if i have to use it i would have to thing about why i am shooting someone and not the bite. I did a polish job on the trigger. I have six Glocks five of which i use for target shooting and have changed the trigger on five of them because of the trigger bite. What i like about Glocks is what you can do with them like you can built an AR15. you can make a Glock a custom gun.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My 43 needed $50 worth of night sights to do just what yours did. But hey, to each his own.
I agree with this - factory Meprolights are $57 installed if you send your slide in to Glock -

Personally I'd rather use the MagGuts +1 internals and keep the factory flush magazines - and I keep my Glock triggers factory, especially on carry pistols -

I don't own a 43 but I own a 19 and 26 Gen4 and have zero qualms about the factory Gen4 triggers - The Gen3's and earlier were not good, but they did make improvements to the trigger on the Gen4's -

Again I don't currently own a 43 but was thinking of getting one this summer with my Blue Label annual discount, single stack would be good for summer carry -

·
Premium Member
22,526 Posts
I agree with this - factory Meprolights are $57 installed if you send your slide in to Glock -

Personally I'd rather use the MagGuts +1 internals and keep the factory flush magazines - and I keep my Glock triggers factory, especially on carry pistols -

I don't own a 43 but I own a 19 and 26 Gen4 and have zero qualms about the factory Gen4 triggers - The Gen3's and earlier were not good, but they did make improvements to the trigger on the Gen4's -

Again I don't currently own a 43 but was thinking of getting one this summer with my Blue Label annual discount, single stack would be good for summer carry -
I have a gen 3 26 and 19 and they have great triggers
Stock as stock can get.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
This goes back to a comment I made in an earlier thread about polymer guns being money pits until it was what the person wanted. P225A1 would have been the same money and need nothing out of the box except shot.

BTW-hope your 3.5 GHOST doesn't go tits up on you. I have seen far too many of them fail between 500 and 1,000 rds. I personally had one fail on me and even after I replaced with a factory connector, I still had no faith in the gun. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I think if you spent $900 to get it just the way YOU like it, and you DO, it was money well spent. I go out of my way to try to get as much of what I want, stock, on a pistol and frequently pay more for the stock model to accomplish that. It is easier with Sigs because they make umpteen versions of everything. That said, I have very few that I have not added something. With G10 grips now going in the over $100 range, even paying more to get just the right grips (stock) has become a consideration. This is the reason I went with the Legion for my latest 226 purchase. I like the grips, I like the sights, I like to have the SRT. I toyed with getting a 226 elite instead, but when I threw in the fact that I would upgrade the sights and grips, the Legion became more affordable.

I wish (and cannot figure out why they don't) Sig made a pocket sized (238 sized) little micro p series in DA/SA. I keep thinking they will and cannot figure out why they don't. I have a 224 and love it but it is NOT a pocket carry gun. The 290 is much closer but not the same trigger? Come on Sig. You built the whole company on the DA/SA trigger. That is what Sig cut its teeth on. Make me one! (I guess it would actually be a single stack so really a "micro 225" is what I am begging for). Many (me) would love that, some would of course hate it and claim it is worthless, but it would make a big splash.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wish (and cannot figure out why they don't) Sig made a pocket sized (238 sized) little micro p series in DA/SA. I keep thinking they will and cannot figure out why they don't. I have a 224 and love it but it is NOT a pocket carry gun. The 290 is much closer but not the same trigger? Come on Sig. You built the whole company on the DA/SA trigger. That is what Sig cut its teeth on. Make me one! (I guess it would actually be a single stack so really a "micro 225" is what I am begging for). Many (me) would love that, some would of course hate it and claim it is worthless, but it would make a big splash.
I would take a micro 225, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
This goes back to a comment I made in an earlier thread about polymer guns being money pits until it was what the person wanted. P225A1 would have been the same money and need nothing out of the box except shot.
His Glock didn't need anything out of the box either. He simply decided to spend money on his preferences.

There are threads on this forum about folks spending hundreds of dollars to upgrade the triggers on their Legions. This has nothing to do with Glock per se, or with polymer guns in general.

Folks mod their pistols, whether its entry level polymers or top-end Legions and 1911s. It's commonplace.

·
Registered
23,605 Posts
....I wish (and cannot figure out why they don't) Sig made a pocket sized (238 sized) little micro p series in DA/SA. I keep thinking they will and cannot figure out why they don't. ...
I think that they probably will - eventually. Only because I think they will eventually drop all the nice metal pistols and go entirely polymer,and they will want a tiny polymer single-stack to compete with S&W and Ruger. But they've been slow getting their act together with the entire P320 line and now most of their production capacity is going to get sucked up filling the Army contract. For now, I wouldn't hold my breath.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.