SIG Talk banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
...I think somebody made a previous comment on how that's a common Glock trademark especially in the new Glock's.
It's supposedly with the older Glocks, but the bulge still gets me worried...

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Finally got to do some target practicing with my Glock 22 but this time with the Gl31 barrel and Underwood 357 Sig 124 gr. FMJ's. This ammo is rated at 1475 FPS but according to research they'll average 1510 fps and around 624 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle. Me and my brother didn't start until almost dark but it was also a good opportunity to test Underwood's claim that his ammo doesn't produce nary a fireball. I let my bro go first with a 3/16" thick steel target at 20 yrds. Out of a 15 rd clip he fired,there was only a six inch narrow fireball out of one round. Of course he thinks that the Glock shoots left and managed to center up his group on the target with bullet strikes producing sparks as they impacted the target. After his turn we both examined the steel target and just like what I've seen on a YouTube video,there were 1/8" bullet indentations on the target. My turn now to experience this caliber and Underwood's ammo. First shot is a bullseye. Also,I'd pull one earmuff off imediately after each shot to hear the the sound coming from my gun roll out away from me for what I can tell a half a mile like thunder. I got some Underwood 357 Sig JHP's for self defense. 😜

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Glock Speed Ledge;sounds like a legal way to control muzzle flip without having an illegal front fire grip.
In the video, it is apparent to me that Mr. Magill has never used this product. I would not base my decision to purchase this on his hucksterism. I have no experience with the product, so I can't provide any meaningful feedback, but it will make a traditional holster useless and I'm not seeing any positive feedback from sources I respect on the device. I'd put $50 elsewhere.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
I
In the video, it is apparent to me that Mr. Magill has never used this product. I would not base my decision to purchase this on his hucksterism. I have no experience with the product, so I can't provide any meaningful feedback, but it will make a traditional holster useless and I'm not seeing any positive feedback from sources I respect on the device. I'd put $50 elsewhere.
Thanks
It's nothing more than a fulcrum/lever and would depend on how much pressure one would have to apply to it but nonetheless,it's not practical. I'm already getting highly accurate shots out of my Glock,thanks to research I've done on how to shoot a pistol properly plus the earmuffs makes it all that much more enjoyable.
But so that you'd know,I'm in the phase of acquiring all the expertise and wisdom(dry sponge sucking up)from others in order to be well equipped and well informed. Right now,I'm working on proeffiency in shooting it in all types of scenarios. Also,I'm in market for a gun holster other than the Glock battle holster I bought for practice. ��

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
It sounds like you are taking the right approach, work on your skills and knowledge, the kit you add to the firearm won't help make you a better shooter. I'll repeat a much used phrase, it's the *****, not the arrow. Other than swapping the sights out (the Glock plastic sights suck, I've added a few red dots, also), adding a Talon grip here or there and adding a different caliber barrel, I keep my handguns factory stock. You can go nuts trying out all the different triggers, add-ons, doodads, and what not and they won't make you a better shooter, more than likely, just lighten your wallet. Use the money saved to bolster your ammo collection and to invest in yourself by getting some top tier training. Your weapon is between your ears, the firearm is just a tool.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That lever thing is basically a bolt on gas pedal....people use them on race guns, including glocks. The ones who do swear by them, but I think it would be too easy to push the muzzle sideways during a shot....then again, my thumbs don't touch the gun while I'm firing.

It might be worth a try if you're shooting limited or open in USPSA/IPSC to try it out without modifying the frame. Outside of that, it's a waste.

As for glocks, I think I want one....but it's mostly because they're about the easiest thing to use if you're going to mill a slide for a red dot other than the m&p core and some of the FNX guns that come that way.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I have a set of Ameriglo sights I haven't installed yet as I am getting used to shooting with the stock sights just to get familiar with the way this gun shoots. By far,it's one of the easiest guns I've ever shot. The old saying goes,form follows function. Can't beat the price for performance and mag capacity without going up in class to a well made 1911 style full size semi auto. I did take the Medium beaver tail grip extension off to try out the little handgrip endcap I purchased for it. Still shoots accurate.
I place my left thumb against the left side frame and have even tried it on the front of the trigger guard to see what that's all about. My brother had wanted me to lay my left thumb on top of my right thumb(right handed) but that is perhaps a revolver grip style.
Some people see the Glock as an ugly gun but again,as form follows function and for whom this gun was designed for, I see the Glock in the beauty as it is designed for. A no nonsense,no frills,reliable,easy,and fun gun to shoot with clean lines.
I wouldn't want to tacky up this gun but to do any mods only to enhance it's performance.
I would like to install a ghost Evo Elite 6 lb trigger setup just to make the trigger all that much more smoothly to operate but I don't know yet how to custom dial it in to work properly.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I place my left thumb against the left side frame ...My brother had wanted me to lay my left thumb on top of my right thumb(right handed) but that is perhaps a revolver grip style.
I'm left-handed, so I had to pull out my sirt to figure out what you're talking about, but your friend is wrong. Generally, your strong hand thumb goes on top of weak hand thumb on the weak side of the frame.

Crossing your thumbs is asking for slide bite or hammer obstruction. I think it came from trying to get weak/small-handed people to shoot hammerless revolvers that were too small for them.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts