SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the GGI straight PELT trigger in my new X-5 this evening and ran into problems. As noted in an earlier post I am really happy with the new X-5 except for a couple issues with the trigger. First I am getting what I think is some trigger slap which caused some pain in my trigger finger. Second, the trigger was a bit heavier than I expected and I noticed that it was binding real slightly in the fcu.

Once I finally got the trigger installed it just wouldn't work properly and not release the sear. I took it apart again and then it began to work properly until I installed the fcu in the grip module. Once I put in the take down lever the trigger had quite a bit of drag and the sear would not release. I reinstalled the original trigger and it worked fine, actually better than new since the slight amount of drag was gone. The trigger pull was also lighter with the installation of the lighter GGI return spring.

I swapped out the fcu from my P320RX into the X-5 and noticed that whichever fcu was installed into the X-5 was quite a bit tighter than whichever was installed into the RX grip module. The curved PELT trigger installed in the RX fcu also showed some drag when installed in the X-5. It just appears the X-5 grip module is built to a tighter dimension where the fcu sits, causing my problems.

I am sure I can live with the stock trigger in the X-5 except for the trigger slap. Not quite sure what I am going to do at this point.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear about the issue. Please contact Grayguns and they should take care of you.
I sent an email message to GGI as much for the value of the information to them as anything. All is good with GGI as far as I am concerned. The several employees and Bruce Gray himself have been awesome sources of information to those of us in the SIG community, and they make great stuff. I have curved PELT triggers on my other P320s and love them. Honestly if the trigger is a bit lighter I can live with the stock unit as long as there isn't any trigger slap.

·
Registered
377 Posts
OI have the GGI PELT curved trigger on the way for my 320 X5. I'll let you know if I run into the same issue. I prefer the curve to the straight trigger. The GGI rep I spoke w/ yesterday wanted me to report back to them w/ my experience w/ their trigger. I really like the trigger on my X5 but would like it to be a bit lighter hence the GGI purchase. I've been spoiled w/ my Sig SAO P226's & P220's.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I reinstalled the original trigger and it worked fine, actually better than new since the slight amount of drag was gone. The trigger pull was also lighter with the installation of the lighter GGI return spring.
Isn't this the configuration that John or Alma ended up with as well? Sounds like it was their preferred setup.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Isn't this the configuration that John or Alma ended up with as well? Sounds like it was their preferred setup.
I put a in a full GGI kit and GGI flat trigger a couple of days ago. I am at about three and a half pounds.
I plan to put the stock trigger back in and do a video comparing trigger pull weights along the way. The GGI flat was almost a pound lighter than the X5s without using the RP triggerbar spring. I will likey polish a few areas once I'm done with demonstrating comparisons.
The GGI parts have a some tight tolerances and since I there are some variance from one 320 to the next it's not always a 100% drop in. I think that may be what keeps Grayguns from putting out the full kit until it can account for all variances. Either way Grayguns standards behind its work. Contact them and will make it right.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have no doubt GGI will do whatever it takes to figure this out if I choose to pursue it. Again, I have two goals. The main one is to fix what I think is trigger slap. The second is to lighten the trigger and hopefully make it a bit smoother/crisper; not that it is bad as it stands. I have been a heavy equipment mechanic for over 20 years and have been pulling wrenches for well over 30. My hands are pretty beat up. A lighter, smoother trigger is pretty important to me when it comes to shooting well.

If nothing else and I find that the X-5 as configured as it is right now works well for me, I think the people at GGI might want to know if there may be an issue with one of their products so they have an idea of how to address it going forward. I absolutely love the X-5, and love the PELT triggers in my other two P320s.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jim, what is a trigger slap?
When the slide recoils and, I guess, resets the trigger the trigger is bouncing back towards the front of the pistol and it hits my finger. Either that or the trigger is pinching my finger, but I don't think that is the case. Kinda painful. My P226 SAO Legion has a straight trigger also and I don't have this priblem. Doesn't happen with either of my P320s either.

·
Banned
516 Posts
Thanks Jim... looking forward to hearing GGs response, and any resolution they offer.

I just bought a GG PELT...should be here tomorrow or Friday!
Hoping I do not run into the same issue(s), or a fix has been found.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.