SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Just installed the parts I ordered of off GGI. Just wanted to ask if the Fat Custom super black p226 guide rod is really supposed to be shorter than the standard stock hollow one? Seems to cycle fine via slingshotting, it's about 1 cm shorter, but is certainly fatter and heavier.

Is this normal? Would've thought it would be a full length one and wouldn't have a part of the spring's length that is unsupported by the rod in battery much like the older 1911 spring and guide rod designs where a buffer was present.

Any input would be much appreciated!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
13,804 Posts
Pictures would help to understand! Are you sure it's 1 cm, and not 1 mm? 10 mm would almost make me think you got a P229 model, rather than a P226! If 1mm, then not much more "difference" than the "thickness" of the metal , of the "port" it travels through!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pictures would help to understand! Are you sure it's 1 cm, and not 1 mm? 10 mm would almost make me think you got a P229 model, rather than a P226! If 1mm, then not much more "difference" than the "thickness" of the metal , of the "port" it travels through!
Absolutely! It's actually not protruding in the hole of the slide. I thought it might've been for a p229 but the packaging clearly stated it was for p220/p226

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried pulling back the slide to see until where will the guide rod fit flush to the hole of the slide for it, and the barrel extends a teeny wit bit. This makes me think that it's not for a p229 since the protrusion is far less than .5 of an inch, the difference in barrel lengths of a 226 and a 229 (4.4 vs 3.9 if I'm not mistaken). I believe a 220 carry should also have a 3.9 inch barrel.

Attachments

·
13,804 Posts
It's apparently for a P229! Here is my P229 next to my P226... packaging can be wrong!

Attachments

Reactions: BGOd42

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's apparently for a P229! Here is my P229 next to my P226... packaging can be wrong!
I have this guide rod for my 226 & 229. the 229 is way shorter. What you have is a 229 mis-packaged. I'd not run it in your gun. Contact GGI, they are stand up folks
Well that sucks lol. I'm based in the Philippines, only had a friend of mine receive this state-side while she was there temporarily. Now I don't know how the procedure will be. Damn.

Thank you for all the input, its greatly appreciated. I ordered it during the 4th of July weekend, guess the massive influx of orders, or the busy and hectic week got a stray guide rod mispacked.

Attachments

·
13,804 Posts
If I was you, I would offer it for sale locally! It would work on a P229 or P228, according to their website.

·
13,804 Posts
Mhmm I guess that may be the route I'm looking to take. Dang, I thought all the upgrades were finally gonna be over :lol:
OVER?:confused:... That will be the day!!!:lol:

There will always be a new "doodad", or "thingy" to improve performance, be it for your vehicle... or pistol!;)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OVER?:confused:... That will be the day!!!:lol:

There will always be a new "doodad", or "thingy" to improve performance, be it for your vehicle... or pistol!;)
Yes, that will be the day we long for but alas, it will most likely never be attained. :lol: I would say though that if my order was complete, I don't know what else would I need other than the occasional spring changes, and maybe changing out the rear sights. Perhaps a straight trigger but nothing else really. As for cars, that is another story :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.