SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, surely I'm not the only one here who thinks the Legion trigger has a bit of a weird feel to it. I've only got about 400 rounds through my P226 Legion 357 so far... I LOVE the gun, I'm still a bigger fan of the P239 Scorpion SRT and the P226 TacOps SRT... It's not that I dislike the Legion's GG trigger by any means... it's just, I don't know, different I guess. Now that I'm starting to get used to it my groups are tightening up considerably with the Legion. BTW, I started piling the 15-rounders from my TacOps 40 with the 357's and was having all kinds of fun with the Legion lol.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
I have yet to enjoy a Legion but have heard nothing but good. Can't speak about the trigger but happy to hear you are settling in with it. I'm all kinds of jealous. Congrats.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir! I will more than likely wind up with a 229 Legion in 40. I don't think I'm going to be able to wait for the 220 Legion although it is showing up on Davidson's website. I love the Legion!! And don't let anyone who is bashing the finish scare you off from getting one!! I USE my guns. Clean them and lube them up. If they're THAT concerned with typical wear and tear on rails and such they should make them safe queens not range or carry guns haha.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Since my Legion is my first Sig I can only compare to my Glocks and Colt LWT Commander. For me, the Legion trigger is way better than my Glocks. Since my Colt is SA I can only say there is not a lot of difference when shooting my Legion SA. I do like the feel of the Legion's trigger over my Colt.

Hopefully, someone that has more experience with Sig will comment.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I like my Legion Trigger just fine. Not my favorite of my Sig SRTs, but certainly not my least favorite. Legion is probably my 3rd favorite. Favorite Trigger status goes to my 224 Extreme. Least favorite goes to my 10mm P220 2 tone, but I still like the 220 and all of my SRT Sigs. No Legion finish problems for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ma6907, That P224 Extreme is def on my radar!!! I was looking for a 239 Scorpion in 357 FOREVER and my gf found me one NIB on GunBroker and ordered it for me!! I'm hoping she snags me a P224 Extreme or Equinox!! Do you use the extended mags in your 224?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Ma6907, That P224 Extreme is def on my radar!!! I was looking for a 239 Scorpion in 357 FOREVER and my gf found me one NIB on GunBroker and ordered it for me!! I'm hoping she snags me a P224 Extreme or Equinox!! Do you use the extended mags in your 224?
I have one extended and four regulars. Mine is an Extreme in .40 and I have a .357 Sig Barrel. One of my newer Sigs and I have not totally entered it full time in my carry rotation, but it is working its way up. I still have not had my required "A HA" moment with a perfect holster yet. Takes a while for me to decide on one.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
As with most production guns nowadays, SIG's triggers are not fitted by some old skilled craftsman with spectacle down on his nose - rather they are "assembled", more often than not with MIM parts that "require" no post production molding machining.

Thus production trigger feel, or goodness can vary noticeably from same model sample to sample. If you have the option at the gun store, compare one to another.

If you have a tinge of "trigger snobbishness" (I suffer that in spades and will not put up with a crappy trigger) then someone like Robert Burke (The Sig Armorer) comes well recommended.

·
Premium Member
13,414 Posts
As far as the stock DA pull, I like my older P228 and non-railed-P229 which both have the older long trigger strut and spring. I like that better than the newer version with short strut/spring and plastic spring seat, which I feel 'stacks' more through the DA pull. The SA pulls also seem a bit crisper than my P226 Legion's. I think part of it is that the reach for the SA on the P26 Legion is shorter because of the G10 grips and GG intermediate trigger. I usually like longer triggers.

But I still love how the Legion shoots so I'm just going to leave it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is spot on. All other guys still replying with legitimate views... Trying to pick my next Sig is like asking me to choose one motorcycle to ride for the rest of my life... Impossible, and a whole other headache of a subject haha!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.