SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm kinda sorta new to Sig, and have a fellow that wants to trade a 1994 German-made Sig that looks virtually new. Comes with three mags, but no box or manual. Owner says he bought "as new" a while back and put around 200 rounds through 'er. Possible trade would be my BNIB P226 ASE Talo Edition (PVD stainless-look frame, stainless slide, walnut grips with medallion).

Hoping some of you duty experts on here can tell me the value of his German P226. I was pretty interested in it initially, but no factory case takes away a bit.

Thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
I paid $625 for a good condition 1988 WG P226 without box or target a few years ago. I suspect you could buy his for less than I paid. I think $650 would probably be the limit of what his is worth. He would owe you several hundred dollars in a possible trade.

·
🎖USA Veteran
56,557 Posts
"a while back", sounds like he isn't the original owner & to me, $550 would be tops if it's as clean as you say.

+1 on cash back if you trade.

Reactions: photog22740

·
P228 Sherpa
7,411 Posts
If you're new to SIG, then I recommend you get some good pics and show us. For all we know, the gun could have been refinished and looks like "new" now. A lot of stories being passed on to potential buyers just don't hold water, if you know what you're looking at.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sights are not original to the gun. So are the grips and decocker.
This could have been a CPO gun. Call SIG with the serial # and ask them if it ever was a CPO.
I knew the grips weren't (he has the originals) but had no idea about the sights and the decocker. Thanks for your expertise!

·
P228 Sherpa
7,411 Posts
I knew the grips weren't (he has the originals) but had no idea about the sights and the decocker. Thanks for your expertise!
Sights look like 3-dot contrast type, definitely not used back in the W. German SIG days.

The decocker tab dead giveaway is that it is shortened, compared to the old one. The shortened tab was started around the time of the E2 grip, because the original tab was a bit long, and it caught on the E2 grip when you decock the hammer.

·
🎖USA Veteran
56,557 Posts
Sights look like 3-dot contrast type, definitely not used back in the W. German SIG days.

The decocker tab dead giveaway is that it is shortened, compared to the old one. The shortened tab was started around the time of the E2 grip, because the original tab was a bit long, and it caught on the E2 grip when you decock the hammer.
good spot on the de-cocker, this is my ke/'94 for comparison.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.