SIG Talk banner

German P225 Price?

11191 Views 23 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Scubacat
What up guys? I just wanted some opinions for a good price to sell my P225. I don't want to be that guy asking to much. I know the popularity has went down since SIG re-released the 225.

I have a German P225 "German Police Pistol". I am not sure how many rounds were put through it before I bought it but judging from the rails and barrel it wasn't much. Personally, I have only put 30-50 rounds downrange. I barley shot it because I just wanted a German 225 to go with my WG 228. I also didn't know SIG was going to come out with the new 225's. I caught the SIG flu at 1st and wanted to collect as many as the P series 9mm but thankfully gotten over that illness.

It has Trijicon HD night sites, a stainless steel guide rod, will come with three magazines, and SIG hard case.

Thanks in advance. (Sorry for the crappy pics)

Attachments

Reactions: ronin11 and jerman
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,082 Posts
My Sig, you have something a little different than "normal", I'd say. I've got a "P6", and commercial P225, which are great, and I love them, but they are "normal"/"common".
I guess it would be dependent on if someone wanted your variation or not, on what you could ask for.
If you have the original box, manual, and test target you could of course ask for more, from your pictures the condition looks pretty good. Remember the P225A1 is a completely different pistol, based more on the P239.

Your P225 is to the W. German P228, as the newer P225A1 is to the newer M11A1!

I think I'd ask at least $600 depending on the age of the Trijicons, and take no less than $500.

· Premium Member
13,057 Posts
Your pistol is a beauty. I've got one similar. Mine is not a GPP (M6754XX). I think they are unique and are the last of their kind. Remember SIG only made 500 (M675501-M676000), and not all of those came to the US. If you're dead set on selling it (I wouldn't), with box and targets it's probably $750-$850. There was one that sold recently on GB for $750.

· Registered
239 Posts
My P6 slide was nickle plated, so it's possible some P225's were as well. Had noticeable blemishes in it and was removed with media blasting.

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Sig, you have something a little different than "normal", I'd say. I've got a "P6", and commercial P225, which are great, and I love them, but they are "normal"/"common".
I guess it would be dependent on if someone wanted your variation or not, on what you could ask for.
If you have the original box, manual, and test target you could of course ask for more, from your pictures the condition looks pretty good. Remember the P225A1 is a completely different pistol, based more on the P239.

Your P225 is to the W. German P228, as the newer P225A1 is to the newer M11A1!

I think I'd ask at least $600 depending on the age of the Trijicons, and take no less than $500.
Thanks for the input, no test target unfortunately.

Your pistol is a beauty. I've got one similar. Mine is not a GPP (M6754XX). I think they are unique and are the last of their kind. Remember SIG only made 500 (M675501-M676000), and not all of those came to the US. If you're dead set on selling it (I wouldn't), with box and targets it's probably $750-$850. There was one that sold recently on GB for $750.
Only made 500 of what? The GPP editions? I gotta sell it, I bought an AK I was waiting to come back in stock and did an impulse buy. Good thing because they sold out after a 1/2 hour of being in stock. Keeping it would be cool but I don't shoot it and it's a big ol single stack.

Sold my GPP P225 last month for $1100. But, it was new old stock, complete with everything, including the outer cardboard box.
I wish I could get that out of it.

· Registered
21 Posts
Recently purchased a P225 MONTAGE SUISSE because I wanted something different. European mag release which is a b**ch to release. I Have 6 other Sig pistols and I would say you can ask $600-$650 as gun appears in good shape. I think the grip screws have been changed so prepare to negotiate a litttle. I shoot often, and these older Sigs feel better to me than the new ones I own, Not saying I wouldn't want a LEGION though! :D:cool:

· Premium Member
13,057 Posts
So I guess more than 500 were made.
Maybe they made 506. My initial serial number range is surely off a little. I’ve been following these 2009 and 2010 P225’s for some years now, and have saved many pics of them. The ballpark numbers are close, though. The non-GPP’s are roughly M675001-M675500, and the GPP’s are roughly M675501-M676006. I have only seen 1 pic of a GPP over M676000 and it’s the one 12131 posted the link to.

· Premium Member
886 Posts
What up guys? I just wanted some opinions for a good price to sell my P225. I don't want to be that guy asking to much. I know the popularity has went down since SIG re-released the 225.

I have a German P225 "German Police Pistol". I am not sure how many rounds were put through it before I bought it but judging from the rails and barrel it wasn't much. Personally, I have only put 30-50 rounds downrange. I barley shot it because I just wanted a German 225 to go with my WG 228. I also didn't know SIG was going to come out with the new 225's. I caught the SIG flu at 1st and wanted to collect as many as the P series 9mm but thankfully gotten over that illness.

It has Trijicon HD night sites, a stainless steel guide rod, will come with three magazines, and SIG hard case.

Thanks in advance. (Sorry for the crappy pics)
Without the test target/sleeve it's a shooter....albeit a very nice shooter...$700-$850. If I did not have 2-3 I would be interested- a great pistol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.