SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

German 229 that's new to me needing info please

565 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Andyb380
Hey guys, as stated in my purchase of my 229 elite talo edition. Few weeks back, I finally got to break out my German 229 in the original Sigarms plastic case. The serial # is AD 136xx has the 3 matching serials also. Any info on this fine pistol would be appreciated. Thanks for a great forum!
Photograph Green Air gun Trigger Gun barrel
Photograph Green Air gun Trigger Gun barrel
See less See more
Reactions: 4
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Hey guys, as stated in my purchase of my 229 elite talo edition. Few weeks back, I finally got to break out my German 229 in the original Sigarms plastic case. The serial # is AD 136xx has the 3 matching serials also. Any info on this fine pistol would be appreciated. Thanks for a great forum! View attachment 455628 View attachment 455628
AD 136 puts around 1994 I think.
I don’t see this as an Elite Talo (I own one). Grips don’t match the the elite talo and there are no front slide serrations that are seen on the elite talo. Are we 100% sure this is an Elite Talo or just a good old P229 9mm? Box sticker photo?
Reactions: 1
AD 136 puts around 1994 I think.
I don’t see this as an Elite Talo (I own one). Grips don’t match the the elite talo and there are no front slide serrations that are seen on the elite talo. Are we 100% sure this is an Elite Talo or just a good old P229 9mm? Box sticker photo?
The Elite is another gun he purchased, not this one.
Reactions: 2
Seeing it only has the one later High Capacity Magazine, depending on when it arrived here (pre/post 9/14/94) would depend on what Magazines were original.

Pre 9/14/94 would have been like these...

Automotive exterior Rectangle Bumper Tool Wood

Post 9/14/94 would have been 10 round Magazines which I don't have to show, unless LE/Military Sales, then "Restricted Marked" Magazines would have been included... like these below...

Wood Tool Office supplies Automotive exterior Font
See less See more
One of them does have
Rectangle Automotive tire Font Automotive exterior Funeral
the restrictions written on the front of it.
See less See more
You could take off your grips, and check for their manufacture dates, if they are original... as in this example the arrow points to month, "10", and last 2 digits of year '95 flanking the arrow. Generally the newer of the grips can be considered maybe a month older than the month of manufacture. It's only providing an educated guess... :giggle:

Tool Kitchen utensil Auto part Font Metal
See less See more
Willard, thanks for that tip. I removed the grips and it said 1/94. Thanks for all the info on my pistol
Willard, thanks for that tip. I removed the grips and it said 1/94. Thanks for all the info on my pistol
So there's really little doubt it should have beat the 9/14/94 cutoff, so Congratulations!!! The early pre-ban Magazines were most all made by Sauer & Sohn in Germany, and had either the dovetail backs, or what was known as "zipper" backs.
^^^ Then your gun should have the non-"LE restricted" full capacity mag to be original, if 1/94 is to be taken as the gun's manufacture time.
Sounds like I got a keeper! Thanks !
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.