SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want a non Sig armorer messing with my Sigs, Anyone know of a Sig smith who will install a old fashion trigger over travel screw?

I have carried a Sig since 1990 and own 5, the post sear break is something that could be made better.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,092 Posts
I don't want a non Sig armorer messing with my Sigs, Anyone know of a Sig smith who will install a old fashion trigger over travel screw?

I have carried a Sig since 1990 and own 5, the post sear break is something that could be made better.
Depends on the trigger in question. If you just want to take care of over-travel, it would probably be cheaper to get the GGI P-SAIT from GGI or Top Gun Supply... https://www.topgunsupply.com/graygu...-intermediate-trigger-sig-sauer-p-series.html https://grayguns.com/product/p-series-precision-adjustable-intermediate-trigger/?radius=100

Most of the current crop of triggers are MIM with cavities right where a traditional trigger screw would go. I don't believe the "Short" trigger has enough meat for threads anyway. If you are talking the early 8mm wide P220 trigger, it may be necessary. Photos of the triggers in question may help when you make contact.

Depending on your location, you may PM member "fjgiie" for recommendations as he resides in SC area.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Installing a trigger isn't that hard to be done by someone knowledgeable. But if you do insist on having only the best to touch your pistol, have Robert Burke do it. I believe he still personally does work on the pistols sent to him and he's always in constant communication with you through the process. I believe his turnaround time is also the best. There are also other well-known smiths out there like Gerry Ritacco of Total Automation and Gray Guns.

I would actually recommend purchasing an aftermarket adjustable trigger of your choice (GGI and AC are the most popular ones) and having the smith install it if you so choose. This would be an easier and probably more optimal job than needing to tap a screw into the original trigger shoe. As Willard mentioned, it's a tedious task that may or may not work depending on your trigger shoe. I also find that the aftermarket trigger shoes seem to fit my finger a lot better regardless of being curved or straight.

It's actually also possible to install a trigger stop of your own if its a thin trigger without needing to tap a screw. I did this before by adding a felt adhesive by the frame. It worked well, but I soon purchased a dual adjustable curved trigger to also have DA pretravel slack adjustment. I soon then changed it to a dual adjustable straight trigger which seemed to be better for me.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.