SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased a new Gen 2 SIG 320 .40SW full size. I also purchased from SIG "carry" size .40SW the X-Conversion kit.

I dis-assembled the new (never fired) full size P320 to install in the carry sized grip. All seemed OK, but the slide will not go back in. It slides up to the rear rail (hard stop).:eek: Also the mag will not lock in, stopping short about an inch or more.

Rats!

So I put the fire control assembly back in my full size grip, then slide on the full size slide... guess what.... it stops at the rear rail...:( Same problem, with the mag will not lock in, stopping short about an inch or more.

By the way, I own several other poly framed Glocks and HKs and never had anything like this happen.

I called SIG, they wanted pictures and asked for my email address so I could transmit the pictures.... I never heard back from them. :eek::mad:

Anyone want a piece of $%&@#()$ SIG?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
It might be a good idea if you tried to u tube removing and returning the unit back in the gun. I would be willing to guess the other guns are a little different and you just need to see the proper way to put this gun together. Then when you finally get to shoot it you will see why people like it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
K4,

Can you take a pic from the rear? It almost looks like the FCU is not seated fully which would explain why it's not going all the way back.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think he meant youtube.

The setup in the pic looks fine. I would try rotate the takedown lever so its 90 with the slide. In other words, adjust the takedown lever so that is completely vertical, rather than angled.

No idea what the deal is with the mag.

Also make sure the guide rod and recoil spring are seated properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P320

Pictures added... I could only get the links feature to work... :confused:

Anyone want a SIG P320 and new X-Kit .40SW? Never fired all new... just in pieces. Sig Service is terrible and I do not need these headaches.

I'll go back to HKs.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I see the problem. give me a couple of minutes to take pics of mine and show you.

edit: did you disassemble the FCU and put it back together? I can't replicate the problem with mine. even taking the Trigger bar spring off.
Your Sear is stuck in the UP position.
Putting rearward pressure on the trigger while trying to force the slide on maybe why it is in the Up position.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just got out my FS 9mm and tried to duplicate your problem, I was able to exactly duplicate your problem right down to the mag stopping about one inch short. Try to assemble again but WITHOUT your finger on the trigger ;)
I second that. I just took apart my full size 9mm and this is user error.

You can see in the picture below that one of the internal safeties is engaged toward the rear of the FCU. The safety lever is up and it should be laying flat. This lever only engages (rises up) when you pull the trigger.

Just gotta push the thingy back down

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=MUZ1Yk5fLUtvWGdOdF9GbmMxNGF3NEFfWGZhVnd3

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
I second that. I just took apart my full size 9mm and this is user error.

You can see in the picture below that one of the internal safeties is engaged toward the rear of the FCU. The safety lever is up and it should be laying flat. This lever only engages (rises up) when you pull the trigger.

Just gotta push the thingy back down

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=MUZ1Yk5fLUtvWGdOdF9GbmMxNGF3NEFfWGZhVnd3
To me it looks like it is sitting down in that pic? and it is spring loading so if it is up it could at this point be damaged from "trying to hard" if you know what I mean.
I agree user error.

·
Registered
278 Posts
AHH! Beat again with exact same picture and circle around problem part by stlmia. Your on a roll tonight.
Photobucket is slow tonight. My picture is just now done loading.

·
Registered
556 Posts
To me it looks like it is sitting down in that pic? and it is spring loading so if it is up it could at this point be damaged from "trying to hard" if you know what I mean.
I agree user error.
Yup, very possible. Wonder if OP is even around still. Part of me is starting to doubt whether this was a genuine plea for help.

·
Registered
556 Posts
AHH! Beat again with exact same picture and circle around problem part by stlmia. Your on a roll tonight.
Photobucket is slow tonight. My picture is just now done loading.
Hahaha, my "ten posts of fame" I suppose lol.

I'll let you have the next one Biker. Its only fair. I wasn't even completely sure that "sear" was the correct name.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue during my first tear down and re-assembly of the P320. My issue was that I did not have the takedown pin back in the whole way. Either give it a good push until it snaps or turn it counter clockwise until it is pointed up and try to push it in again. It makes a distinguished [snap] when it's seated properly. I hope that is the issue you are having and its nothing more serious.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think he meant youtube.

The setup in the pic looks fine. I would try rotate the takedown lever so its 90 with the slide. In other words, adjust the takedown lever so that is completely vertical, rather than angled.

No idea what the deal is with the mag.

Also make sure the guide rod and recoil spring are seated properly.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
LOL, I had to make sure it was the Sear. That is why I wanted to take pics of mine and look up the part name.
Didn't want to call it something and then get shot down for naming a part incorrectly.
Haha yea same here. I looked up the parts list diagram but it still wasn't clear to me. I settled for "thingy" instead. Glad some of us learned something tonight.

Hopefully we hear from OP again.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I had the same issue during my first tear down and re-assembly of the P320. My issue was that I did not have the takedown pin back in the whole way. Either give it a good push until it snaps or turn it counter clockwise until it is pointed up and try to push it in again. It makes a distinguished [snap] when it's seated properly. I hope that is the issue you are having and its nothing more serious.
Good point. I considered that too. Its certainly possible that OP has more than one problem.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts