SIG Talk banner

GEN 1 mags in a GEN 2 MPX-K

2853 11
Just wondering, what's the verdict. I did a google search but all the threads where from 2015 when they Gen 2 came out. I couldn't find anything recent, and with the MPX-K PSB just being released recently, I wanted to know. I already ordered the MPX-K and I'm waiting for it to come in this week. I want to order some mags but DANG is Sig proud of their mags. Gen 1 mags are more reasonably priced.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have a gen2 and run 8 gen1 mags w/o any issues
Same here. The trick seems to be to leave your mags loaded for at least a week before you fire them the first time to loosen up the springs. I had one magazine that caused a couple stove pipes the first time I used it. By the time I used it the second go-round it was fine

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a gen2 and run 8 gen1 mags w/o any issues
I'm hoping mine ends up like yours with zero issues. But given my VERY limited test of less than 200 rounds through 1 mag. I'm hopeful. So I went ahead and bought a few of gen 1 mags, and will order 1-2 more gen 2 mags. The gen 1 mags will be "cheap" mags I can use at the range, and if there is a FTF, it'll let me practice my failure drills.

Gunmagwherehouse has the gen 1's for 20 bucks, so for the price of 1 gen 2 mag, I got 3 "practice" mags.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.