SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Saw a post on IG from Geissele playing around with the new MCX trigger...looks two stage and seems like it'll be on its way soon!
No word on an MPX trigger? Or will one fill both needs?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been running the SSA-E in mine for a while now. Even shipped back complete rifle for recall with trigger in it. Sig sent rifle back with upgraded BCG and the SSA-E still in it. With a work order attached stating the gunsmith "Performed mandatory carriage assembly upgrade with Firing Pin Lock for Geissele SSA trigger, function test and test fired with no malfunctions."

So why is Geissele making a specific trigger for MCX when SSA series works in it?

My MPX has same trigger and running flawlessly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been running the SSA-E in mine for a while now. Even shipped back complete rifle for recall with trigger in it. Sig sent rifle back with upgraded BCG and the SSA-E still in it. With a work order attached stating the gunsmith "Performed mandatory carriage assembly upgrade with Firing Pin Lock for Geissele SSA trigger, function test and test fired with no malfunctions."

So why is Geissele making a specific trigger for MCX when SSA series works in it?

My MPX has same trigger and running flawlessly.
If I had to wager a guess, I'd imagine they would make a MCX-specific trigger to negate the need for a "SSA specific" firing pin lock. I imagine that would be a benefit for folks who don't want to send their rifle back to Sig for the install or call them and ask for the appropriate part. A MCX-specific trigger would also reduce chances that folks experience issues and allow Geissele to better support them. I suppose it's also possible that Geissele is making a package with their own trigger and lock. Geissele hasn't released any other details that I could find but it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
MPX in particular, has a fast action cycle that can throw the trigger group's hammer back with enough force that the hammer's back strikes the top of the disconnector bar. The problem is that over thousands of rounds, this bar is damaged and the trigger will not reset.

SIG's MPX solution was to add a 'bridge' that's essentially a cover over the disconnector bar. Geissele's says MCX has a similar action and could have the same failure. I have not seen anything from SIG on a MCX trigger bridge, and their new AR Match Grade they sell for MCX doesn't appear to have a bridge.

My MCX's Geissele SD3G trigger has 1k+ rounds with no signs of hammer back strikes or disconnector bar damage. The 5.56 & 300Blk ammo I typically run isn't particularly hot. Also, I keep her gas valve on the low setting both supersonic & subsonic, and suppressed & unsuppressed.

We runs fine on low, with the only thing is not locking back on an empty mag when running 300Blk subsonic unsuppressed, which I really don't do...

We'll keep an eye on her trigger group, and expect this Geissele to be fine for a very long time...

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.