SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the SSA-E for my 516 G2. Can anyone point me to a how to install guide for this rifle? There's lots of them on youtube I found myself, but having never done this before, I'd prefer a personal reference to one someone else used and found to be good for a novice. Thanks.

P.S. Does the 516 use standard or large pin version?

· Registered
7,298 Posts

Can't remember the pin size, but only Colt used this wonky non - standard pin at one time.

Details are on the Geissele website (so are a bunch of videos, I think).

Reactions: kennethk

· Registered
44 Posts
Bill Geissele made a video explaining all the different triggers they sell and he also explained m16/m4 vs ar15 trigger set up as well.

Here the video
https://youtu.be/ypb5HXdDJhc

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,490 Posts
Standard/small pin size. The video posted previously will walk the differences in their models and I believe there is a specific video for the SSA/SSA-E models. Very easy but the video is helpful if you aren't used to installing AR triggers. It took me about 15 minutes having never installed one before. I chose the SSA for my 516, and it is outstanding.

· Registered
7,298 Posts

· Registered
1,490 Posts
@xrl - Really? Just repeat browsing or coupon code, or...?

Yes, signing up for their mailing list will get you notifications. Like Edsel said, they generally do them around holidays throughout the year, and many of the other sites do as well, so if you can wait a few weeks for St. Pat's, Easter, or maybe even Fat Tuesday, you can probably catch a deal. When I found my SSA, I was considering the GS2, to save a few bucks, but happened to find one on eBay for around 30% off, so it was cheaper than the GS2. I haven't checked eBay for Geisseles in quite a while but might even find one there. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.