SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Geissele SD-3G trigger, the dynamic 3 gun trigger into my new Sig MCX pistol in 300 blackout.

Function check...all fine. Problem is... I go to fire and pull the trigger... CLICK, but NO BOOM.

Do Geisseles not work at all in the gen2 MCXs? or could a part have fallen off the carrier assembly etc?

I'll try the trigger in my MPX to see if it works in that.

I tried lots of ammo - didn't even see a light strike. Swapped out lots of AR triggers, never had something like this happen... :confused:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Put in the stock trigger (WITHOUT the MPX trigger bridge and it works fine).

Maybe the Geissele SD-3G trigger doesnt work with the MCX or i should use the 4.5Lb instead of the 3.5lb spring?

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
I've enjoyed this great trigger in this MCX since late 2015. It's a little too light as a combat trigger, but shoots really nice bullseye targets and fast action drills.

Sounds like your Carriage Assemble must have the SIG trigger group's Firing Pin Locking Lever. Geissele's Hammer has a different shape that requires SIG's Geissele firing pin level. This level will have a 'G' etched in its side.

Give SIG a call and they're send ya one...

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've enjoyed this great trigger in this MCX since late 2015. It's a little too light as a combat trigger, but shoots really nice bullseye targets and fast action drills.

Sounds like your Carriage Assemble must have the SIG trigger group's Firing Pin Locking Lever. Geissele's Hammer has a different shape that requires SIG's Geissele firing pin level. This level will have a 'G' etched in its side.

Give SIG a call and they're send ya one...

Cheers
THANK YOU SIR! :)
+ nice pic!

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
I used to have two MCX's, and had SD-C triggers in both. They worked fine...although Geissele does have this warning posted when you pull up their triggers:

Please note, our triggers are designed for mil-spec AR15/M4 carbine rifles. Our AR15 triggers are not compatible with the Sig MPX/MCX weapons. The SSA-MPX trigger will be available in 2017. Please call 610-272-2060 for details.
https://geissele.com/super-dynamic-combat-trigger.html

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
: ( Part out of stock : (

What does the firing pin level actually look like? Does anybody have a picture or info on how it works? Does it just hold up the firing pin block?

*reaches for a zip tie*

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chris is a good source on SIG's MCX rifle

https://youtu.be/-HRSSBrVab8

Cheers
Thanks so much. I just watched the vid!

Also checked out the pic in this thread by Joelpat which has a picture of firin pin lock part with the G on it.http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-rifles/162090-firing-pin-lock-comparison.html

Honestly....I can't see Sig tooling up again to machine another batch of this part...especially now the recall is mostly over...

Also, as posted, Geissele have said they are making a special Sig compatible trigger assembly anyway.

Anybody have an MCX Geissele firing pin lock that they are willing to trade? :mellow: I'm sceptical I'll ever get one from Sig.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are there any aftermarket triggers available for the Sig MCX now that the firing pin blocks for Geissele aren't available from Sig & Geissele's new version isn't out yet? or stuck with 9lbs?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Are there any aftermarket triggers available for the Sig MCX now that the firing pin blocks for Geissele aren't available from Sig & Geissele's new version isn't out yet? or stuck with 9lbs?
I was using an ALG ACT trigger (purple spring) with the non-G firing pin lever before switching to a S3G with the G firing pin lever. The ACT was nice. YMMV.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try calling Sig customer service. Sig has a match trigger available for the MCX that is supposed to be equivalent to the SSA and compatible with the upgraded BCG. I have not seen it advertised anywhere but I ordered one this past week from Sig after talking to customer service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a Sig factory replacement MCX trigger on 05/26/17. Total cost was $114. The trigger arrived 06/10/17. The packaging indicates "Made in United States" but does not designate the manufacturer. Replacing the MCX trigger is much like replacing a standard AR trigger. If you've not replaced an AR trigger before, I encourage you to watch some instructional videos or have a smith do the work. The new trigger is much smoother and lighter. My trigger scale indicates an average break of 4 lbs 15 oz. Range testing to follow. From the Big Empty, ELN.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
I ordered a Sig factory replacement MCX trigger on 05/26/17. Total cost was $114. The trigger arrived 06/10/17. The packaging indicates "Made in United States" but does not designate the manufacturer. Replacing the MCX trigger is much like replacing a standard AR trigger. If you've not replaced an AR trigger before, I encourage you to watch some instructional videos or have a smith do the work. The new trigger is much smoother and lighter. My trigger scale indicates an average break of 4 lbs 15 oz. Range testing to follow. From the Big Empty, ELN.
Thanks for your report on SIG's new!! Here's a pic I stole from another thread. It's labeled a 'Match grade AR trigger kit', but I think this is the trigger SIG suggests for MCX too...

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Geissele MCX trigger

I have the same problem. My SD-3G works perfectly on the old carriage assembly on my MCX. With the new upgraded carriage assembly from Sig there is no fire. Can anyone please advise if the new Geissele MCX trigger works on BOTH the old and new carriage assembly? Also, would you recommend the Geissele charging handle for the MCX?

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Welcome to Sig Talk!! The new carriage assembly includes a firing pin locking lever. This lever prevents the firing pin's forward movement until the rifle's trigger is pulled and its hammer lifts the locking lever and strikes the firing pin.

In order for the hammer to lift the locking lever, its shape must work with the shape of the lever. SIG has a firing pin locking lever that's specifically design to work with your SD-3G Geissele trigger group. Just call customer service and they'll send you this part. You'll know it's the Geissele locking lever, because it will have a 'G' etched on its side.

Also, yes Geissele's new MCX trigger is designed to function properly with SIG's standard firing pin locking lever...

Cheers

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update to this real old thread... I got a G firing pin lock lever and it's working now.

BUT: Sometimes, though I get light strikes on primers and FTf with SD-3G trigger in MCX.

Anybody got ideas on how to prevent this from happening?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.