SIG Talk banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just got an email from THE ATTIC. Seller of the Sport. They told me that if all that stuff is wrong with the Sport it would not be at that price in the bidding. Evidently the bidders are not that familiar with Sigs or just don’t care but have plenty of money. If it were mine the thing would not bring 500 dollars.
The problem is that at the end of the day The Attic is just an importer on these guns. They are found in Europe and offered to them via a "broker" and consolidated and imported. The Sport information chart here shows 5 models, only the ones imported by Sig USA, in reality there are over 15, and I honestly don't pay much attention to the ones that are already accounted for or ones like this that are so clearly NOT a Sport other than it was shown to me by Milos and then I saw the thread here.

OP good job on keeping us posted on the mentioned 226! Buyers beware! Here's a another recent one on GB (auction ended)...looks legit to me, wonder what happened to it?

Buy it now was $1200 if I remember correctly, seller took it down before it hit reserve. I'd bet that he's waiting 90 days till it falls off of the site so that it can be relisted with a higher BIN/Reserve. If I would have wanted a second one I would have snapped it up but I already have a sport stock so I left it be for someone else to potentially find.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The problem is that at the end of the day The Attic is just an importer on these guns. They are found in Europe and offered to them via a "broker" and consolidated and imported. The Sport information chart here shows 5 models, only the ones imported by Sig USA, in reality there are over 15, and I honestly don't pay much attention to the ones that are already accounted for or ones like this that are so clearly NOT a Sport other than it was shown to me by Milos and then I saw the thread here.

Buy it now was $1200 if I remember correctly, seller took it down before it hit reserve. I'd bet that he's waiting 90 days till it falls off of the site so that it can be relisted with a higher BIN/Reserve. If I would have wanted a second one I would have snapped it up but I already have a sport stock so I left it be for someone else to potentially find.
Thanks, at $1200.00 (BIN) that would have looked pretty good to me. Have to see if it reappears and at what price.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
All 4 boxed versions that I have owned or seen pictures of have had the exact same art no 34.260.074 this is consistant from 94-96 from the date codes on the actual guns. The "second" version of the P226-S "Sport" still in the gray box has art no. 34.260.134. This version went to a stainless steel slide with short external extractor and the heavy grade barrel. The Sport SL II which is the most common P226 sport with the barrel weight on it is 34.260.576. I don't have an answer on what the last number means other than to infer that it has to do with the sub configuration in the class of the previous numbers.
Some more data for you. Here are two P226 Sports, both from 1996, with the stainless milled slide/short extractor. One with 133 and the other with 134 as the the 3rd group in the Part Number. Both with heavy barrel. Both were from THE ATTIC. Not mine.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
OP good job on keeping us posted on the mentioned 226! Buyers beware! Here's a another recent one on GB (auction ended)...looks legit to me, wonder what happened to it?

Yes. That one looks legitimate to me, too. Auction ended at $800 with the reserve not being met. Uneducated buyers buying the hype rather than the gun? That Sport Stock should probably be worth more than the gun in the original post.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Well, looking at the "winner" 's feedback, I have a feeling that he's going to AWOL on completing the transaction. First, the stuff that he bought have always been inexpensive parts, nothing sky high like the gun in question. Second, even then, the guy was NPB x4 just this month, already. A total of 5 NPBs the last 2 months. This guy needs to be NARU'd.

·
Registered
154 Posts
U562491 with the .133 art number is different in that the P226 S is on the right side of the slide above the Made in Germany not on the left side on my and the other pictured .134 labeled ones, that's all I have on why it might be "different". I've had 0 luck finding anything out there explaining out the art number system and previous to this example all examples of one "variant" of sport that have had boxes had matching art numbers.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, looking at the "winner" 's feedback, I have a feeling that he's going to AWOL on completing the transaction. First, the stuff that he bought have always been inexpensive parts, nothing sky high like the gun in question. Second, even then, the guy was NPB x4 just this month, already. A total of 5 NPBs the last 2 months. This guy needs to be NARU'd.
Right 12131, the seller is the most important factor in a sale no matter how good the "candy" in the window looks!

·
Registered
56,249 Posts
i contacted val myself, was told that pics, xxxx were a 220sport. i didn't even mention the s/n discrepancy.

too bad, i spent a lot of money with the attic.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Well, looking at the "winner" 's feedback, I have a feeling that he's going to AWOL on completing the transaction. First, the stuff that he or the bid to keep rising.bought have always been inexpensive parts, nothing sky high like the gun in question. Second, even then, the guy was NPB x4 just this month, already. A total of 5 NPBs the last 2 months. This guy needs to be NARU'd.
It isn’t only the winning bidder. Some person or persons had to bid against the winner to keep moving the Bid Price higher.

Reactions: ARMORY CRAFT

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Interesting, this is the earliest factory P226 Sport I've seen so far, a folded slide KC (1992) proofed gun, without the "S" on the slide, and without the heavy barrel. Original box label with all correct info ("SPORT", 34.260.074), serial matching to gun. Learn some new odd things all the time.

GB Item # 909819448

·
Registered
154 Posts
All the .074's/Folded slide P226 Sports I've owned/seen have had non heavy barrels in them. The peeling hard chrome hurts me, but it still has the lighter color or thinner chrome where all the others I've seen has it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts