SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
909818255 on GB. Says hard chrome. Someone please chime in with your thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
56,272 Posts
different s/n on label!

·
Registered
813 Posts
$4200 and a bidding war is happening. Do these people even know? Wow!!
I recently communicated with a GB seller and made him aware that the gun he was selling was not what he was advertising and provided him with specific details. He politely thanked my and then did nothing. Gun sold so there is a new owner somewhere thinking he owns something that he doesn’t.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
It looks like E2 grips as well as a skeleton trigger. GB does not care what you sell, just sell it. It is all about money! Where did the description "Sport" come from on this gun? A big red herring.

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
They call it the "Sport" because they saw the LPA rear sight and corresponding tall front sight. Meaningless, as these were more than likely added aftermarket. As stated, a lot of non-original stuff on this gun.

• This is a KF (1995) SIG. E2 grip didn't start until late 2009.
  • New style TDL.
  • Aftermarket trigger
  • Aftermarket Nickel Mec-Gar mags
  • Box not original, as bear mentioned.
  • Unverified Nickel finish (due to non-original box)

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
12,142 Posts
I noticed another Sig on GB that had a period box, not originally numbered to the gun, but ball point "matched", instead... buyers beware!

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
They ruined that Nickel gun. The trigger, grip take down lever… all are gross. The rear site is OK, but pretty sure it’s not original.. and I’m no expert

Think that’s bad… Look at this “factory defect”. That defect is common.. people reverse the sight to have all black target sights. Near as I can tell this guy is trying to take advantage of the X gun selling madness.

·
Registered
20,181 Posts
That was probably a cool gun before someone put all that stupid stuff on it.

Definitely not worth $4200.

·
Registered
154 Posts
To be fair correct art.no. 34.260.074 P226 Sport gun are indeed chrome slides not nickel. They do have LPA sights but a vastly different variation that required a separate grove machined further towards the muzzle to fit, and thus did not have a higher than normal front sight. Most other sport models fixed the need for it with this higher LPA sight by the fact that the front sight post was put on top of a barrel weight/compensator. Though the P226 Sport Stock did use a higher than normal front sight because of the lack of a weight/comp.

Think that’s bad… Look at this “factory defect”. That defect is common.. people reverse the sight to have all black target sights. Near as I can tell this guy is trying to take advantage of the X gun selling madness.
Some of my Sports use a full black out LPA sight. This Short & Smarts slides were not cut for LPA sights. So if you wanted to black out the back sight installing a normal one backwards would make sense. This is the second such model of "Short" that has the same reversed rear sight issue, so that lends it self to not being a mistake, also the test target on the previous one sold was shot by A. Koch which I find highly suspect would let a gun she fired leave the factory with such a defect.

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
To be fair correct art.no. 34.260.074 P226 Sport gun are indeed chrome slides not nickel.
Yeah, but this gun is not Sport and not chrome. It's Nickel.

Here is the correct box for a correct 1995 folded slide P226 Sport that same seller sold months ago, with the "SPORT" on the label. Note the chrome on this one vs the Nickel on the one in question. That light gold tint is the dead giveaway for Nickel. Also, the factory Sport gun will have that "S" on the slide. The one in question doesn't.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My point was that the title is correct for a P226 Sport 34.260.074, but the pistol is not a sport as the title states, for both the finish and the variations that I listed. It would be fairly easy, but wrong for someone with limited knowlage of this specific early sport variation to see LPA sights and a "bright silver" finish and be like we sold one of these a while back that we listed as a sport so do that. The Attic still insists on listing gen 1 "short rail" CZ 75's as short slides, even though I've almost never seen that term used outside their auctions.

They all seem to have the same ugly line on the right side where the chrome was applied from the takedown lever to the 6th serration and a smaller one on the left side around the slide lock notch, at least from the 3 that I've personally owned and the 3-4 others I've seen pictured.

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
My point was that the title is correct for a P226 Sport 34.260.074,...
Do you know if all P226 Sports have the same Part Number, or are they different for different years? And, do you know what those numbers represent? Looks like the "34" and "260" are the same for the two guns, but the third group is different, "074" for the real Sport and "000" for the Nickel gun in question. What do yours say?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Remember the words of P.T. Barnum (of Barnum & Bailey circus fame): sucker born every minute!!
And another apropos saying: a fool and his money are soon parted!
And it goes on and on.............

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do you know if all P226 Sports have the same Part Number, or are they different for different years? And, do you know what those numbers represent? Looks like the "34" and "260" are the same for the two guns, but the third group is different, "074" for the real Sport and "000" for the Nickel gun in question. What do yours say?
All 4 boxed versions that I have owned or seen pictures of have had the exact same art no 34.260.074 this is consistant from 94-96 from the date codes on the actual guns. The "second" version of the P226-S "Sport" still in the gray box has art no. 34.260.134. This version went to a stainless steel slide with short external extractor and the heavy grade barrel. The Sport SL II which is the most common P226 sport with the barrel weight on it is 34.260.576. I don't have an answer on what the last number means other than to infer that it has to do with the sub configuration in the class of the previous numbers. Likewise the P220 sports seem to all be 34.220.XXX the last number varying from configuration to configuration but sadly I've only been able to get a few of them with the original boxes with those numbers on them and most pictures I find are of just the gun.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just got an email from THE ATTIC. Seller of the Sport. They told me that if all that stuff is wrong with the Sport it would not be at that price in the bidding. Evidently the bidders are not that familiar with Sigs or just don’t care but have plenty of money. If it were mine the thing would not bring 500 dollars.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts