SIG Talk banner

Galloway trigger install

2361 8
Easy install. Used 3mm cupped punch to loosen trigger pin, three strong hits with hammer..problem was the magazine release lock..its not a screw, press in slightly and turn left, easy out. Trick is the install. You would think it would be simple opposite for install. Not. My lock got dstuck, would not move. Thought I wrecked my p238. Takes force to move it back, used my portable drill with screw driver blade to turn lock left to remove again. Just tapped it, worked. Then I used manual screwdriver. While pressing the release lock button with my left finger, just slightly turned lock to 12:30 and 6:30 position. Popped into place. Trigger is flat and crisp, have to wait till I goi to range to try it...
Reactions: jeffy56
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I installed the Galloway flat trigger on my P938 (the trigger pin is VERY tight, but once it begins to move you are home free) some months ago and am very happy with it. Like Banacon, I found the mag release takes a little finesse to reinstall. It is no different than many others, but it takes a good touch to lock it back in place.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I sent mine back a month ago for a full factory service with all new springs, sights and they replaced a slew of other parts. Mine was from early 2013. Since I was paying for the work, SIG had no problem with the Galloway trigger in there and I double checked with the CS person I was talking to before sending the gun in. He said I was good to go, even with the other trigger in there.

This was not warranty work though.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I sent mine back a month ago for a full factory service with all new springs, sights and they replaced a slew of other parts. Mine was from early 2013. Since I was paying for the work, SIG had no problem with the Galloway trigger in there and I double checked with the CS person I was talking to before sending the gun in. He said I was good to go, even with the other trigger in there.

This was not warranty work though.
That is good to know for any future service I may have done. Mine is a 2013 model and I suspect I am past the point of likely needing warranty repair. I never had any of the issues that some had and I upgraded to the new sear spring/MSH before switching triggers just to be safe. Sig sent me the upgraded parts for free even though I calling to purchase them and let them know I had no issues.

I must admit to wussing out and having our local gunsmith install the trigger.

The Galloway flat trigger is a great upgrade. I also use their reduced power hammer spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.