SIG Talk banner

Fun day w/ 227 carry & 229 Legion in 357sig

714 5
Haven't shot these in quite a long time, to long in fact. Probably not fair to my 227 carry, but anytime I take it to the range I'll tend to bring my 229 in 357sig to shoot along with it. Well I brought my Legion 229 with the 357 sig exchange kit and my goodness, I'd forgotten what a sweet set up that is. I need to stop doing that because as much as I love my 227 carry, shooting the 229 in 357sig is so much better, so much so, every time I do I consider just carrying my legion in 357sig, lol. What a great combo.

This is not to start a caliber war but just to express how much I enjoy shooting the 357sig round in the 229. I've shot glocks, and an HK's and there is no comparison at all to the 229 in that caliber. Would love to compare the 320 sometime. Actually no, because I'd probably love it and have to get the exchange kit for it.

One thing I did notice on the 227 carry which has the srt, the sa pull felt much lighter than the legion in sa. Got home and measured and it was easily a pound lighter, just over 3lbs consistently Hadn't shot it in a while and to be honest it surprised me a little, very light. The legion sa pulls right at 4.4lbs. Actually all my sigs in da/sa are just at the 4 lbs range except the 227. Shot a bunch with the 14 round mag with the wolff springs and again zero issues. The 227 with the 14 round mag is fantastic. Thankfully the wolff spring fix seems to be the way to go.

Anyway just some thoughts on a couple awesome sigs. Big fan of the 357sig and I couldn't recommend it enough for those who want to change things up a bit.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
P320 in 357 is my EDC and I just love it. 13+1 can't be avoided. I also have a P227 SAS that I like quite a lot, but I still tend to shoot my P320 in 45 a bit better.

Still, for daily use anything in Sig 357 is about as good as it gets IMHO.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
P229 with a legacy slide on a M11A1 frame in .357 on my hip as I type this.
Since I got the .357 barrel for the former .40 pistol the .40 barrel is retired and waits for duty when .357 ammo gets scarce.
IMHO .357 is the caliber to go for the P229 - and P239. ;)

Reactions: not applicable
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.