SIG Talk banner

Full size small to Carry small?

905 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  MPO Southy
I have been looking for a Compact SMALL for the 9mm. Hard to find. What about getting a FULL size grip and cutting it down to the Carry? They both use 17 round in the 9mm. The one that came with my Carry is Medium, but just looking for the SMALL as I like the fit better.

Ideas? Will it work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This doesn't make any sense.Am I missing something here?
A Carry and a Full both have 17 round magazines. I bought a 9mm Carry and was looking at finding a Compact Grip Module in Small. I like the smaller grip that is on my .45 P320.

However, I can find a FULL size grip module in Small and wondered if it could be cut down to a "Carry" size for my slide and FCU?

Reactions: MPO Southy

· Registered
25 Posts
I have been looking for a Compact SMALL for the 9mm. Hard to find. What about getting a FULL size grip and cutting it down to the Carry? They both use 17 round in the 9mm. The one that came with my Carry is Medium, but just looking for the SMALL as I like the fit better.

Ideas? Will it work?

it will work. there are a couple of youtube videos showing how to cut it.

· Registered
397 Posts
A Carry and a Full both have 17 round magazines. I bought a 9mm Carry and was looking at finding a Compact Grip Module in Small. I like the smaller grip that is on my .45 P320.

However, I can find a FULL size grip module in Small and wondered if it could be cut down to a "Carry" size for my slide and FCU?
OK,thanks for the clarfication.I getcha now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.