SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a P229 Legion 9mm for a year. Great gun. Put about 1500 rounds through it.

I'm also a left-handed shooter (and pretty much left-handed everything). If I want to use the slide lock lever while keeping the gun in my left hand, it's kind of a pain and difficult to use.

It's much easier to use the full size slide lock lever on my new P226 with my left hand. So, my question is how many of you have swapped out the "skinny" Legion slide lock lever for a full-sized one? There are YouTube videos about complete P229 disassembly, so I cannot imagine it would be too difficult to accomplish.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
386 Posts
This has been done before by some forum members. You'd have to file down the grip notch a bit to fit the full size lever on to operate it properly.

I changed out the full size for the small size on my P229c, so I do have a used full size lever to sell if you're looking to modify your Legion.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This has been done before by some forum members. You'd have to file down the grip notch a bit to fit the full size lever on to operate it properly.
Thanks very much. I didn't know I'd have to modify the frame, even a bit. I just got the P226 a few days ago, so I'll break it in and then decide about modifying the P229.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Swapped the controls

Swapping parts is really easy.
Yes, swapping parts is easy ... when you have the background and experience. I guess I forgot to develop a mechanical background.

I was able to change the slide lock lever and the decocker lever, thanks to some very nice youtube videos. I also swapped the Legion grips for some Hogue G10 checkered grips, so that I would not have to grind the original grips.

I cannot imagine why Sig chose the low profile levers, other than to have something different. In my case, something different and much less usable.

Before and after pictures are attached to this note

Thanks for the comments

Attachments

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Yes, swapping parts is easy ... when you have the background and experience. I guess I forgot to develop a mechanical background.

I was able to change the slide lock lever and the decocker lever, thanks to some very nice youtube videos. I also swapped the Legion grips for some Hogue G10 checkered grips, so that I would not have to grind the original grips.

I cannot imagine why Sig chose the low profile levers, other than to have something different. In my case, something different and much less usable.

Before and after pictures are attached to this note

Thanks for the comments
Oh man they are going to take your coin away...:lol:
I wondered how that would look, now I know. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.