SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had a problem after 500 rounds. I clean my P238 and now a jam every 2-3 rounds. Jam occurs on feed only. No problem ejecting spent cartridges. Cartridge never gets chambered or leaves magazine and slide remains locked back. Have used the same range amo with no issues in past.
Ejector looks and works fine. What would cause the slide to lock back after 2-3 firings? When it happens a press on the slide release chambers the stuck cartridge and it works fine for another 3-5 rounds. Happens with 2 different magazines and 3 different shooters... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I... Hate to insult anyone's intelligence, but it happens to everyone... Did you reassemble it correctly? Even something as simple as putting a recoil spring on backwards can make a handgun go wacky lmao... I only ask because I don't see what else could have gone wrong without more details.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took ur "suggestion" and turned the spring around and guess what? Same problem....slide locks open every 3-4 rounds. This was also posted on Sig Forum with great suggestions that just didn't help. Happy New Year..

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Dammit. Sorry, dude. Send it to Sig, man, let them fix it lol

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
Never had a problem after 500 rounds. I clean my P238 and now a jam every 2-3 rounds. Jam occurs on feed only. No problem ejecting spent cartridges. Cartridge never gets chambered or leaves magazine and slide remains locked back. Have used the same range amo with no issues in past.
Ejector looks and works fine. What would cause the slide to lock back after 2-3 firings? When it happens a press on the slide release chambers the stuck cartridge and it works fine for another 3-5 rounds. Happens with 2 different magazines and 3 different shooters... Any suggestions?

Is the slide lock engaging the slide thus preventing the slide from going into battery (chambering the round as it does)?

Is there spring tension on the slide lock holding it in the down position when the slide is forward?

If no spring tension, suggest inspecting the position and condition of the slide stop spring.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I guess for one, check the slide stop and make sure bullet noses aren't rubbing it. You'll see it after shooting, the copper rubs off on the slide stop.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the slide lock engaging the slide thus preventing the slide from going into battery (chambering the round as it does)?

Is there spring tension on the slide lock holding it in the down position when the slide is forward?

If no spring tension, suggest inspecting the position and condition of the slide stop spring.
The spring tension is good. Keeps the lock away from the slide when it is forward. The slide lock engages the slide during discharge and locks it back. Similar to what happens when the last round is fired. At that point I can push the lock down and a new bullet is chambered. Then the process starts again after a few rounds are fired. Crazy huh??

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
The spring tension is good. Keeps the lock away from the slide when it is forward. The slide lock engages the slide during discharge and locks it back. Similar to what happens when the last round is fired. At that point I can push the lock down and a new bullet is chambered. Then the process starts again after a few rounds are fired. Crazy huh??
How's your grip? Any chance that you're catching/pushing the slide stop up with your thumb?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I seem to be having the exact same problem. I hate that no one has a "Oh well check the..." response. I'm betting it's something really simple that I'm just overlooking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Problem solved....slide lock pin did not engage it's spring therefore the lock would not return to the neutral down position and would engage the slide and hold it open when fired. Take care to set the spring in its correct position when replacing the pin after cleaning the gun. Simple but drove me crazy. Try it and post result.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts