SIG Talk banner

FS small Vs SC Smal grip module

866 5
After handling a Sub compact small, I am thinking the Full size small is larger around, and not just the same circumference and only longer.

Anyone seen both a Subcompact small and a Full size small who can shed some light?

Thanks in advance
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Subcompact modules in general run on a different girth scale. The Subcompact Small is as small as they could really make it. The Medium is definitely bigger but not as big as a Compact/Carry/FS medium size.

I personally think the SC Medium is the perfect profile if they only made it Compact length!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Subcompact modules in general run on a different girth scale. The Subcompact Small is as small as they could really make it. The Medium is definitely bigger but not as big as a Compact/Carry/FS medium size.

I personally think the SC Medium is the perfect profile if they only made it Compact length!
thanks, I had a feeling that must be the case.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've yet to get my hands on a small compact, but I do have a compact medium and subcompact small. To me, there's a big difference between the two! I was thinking a compact small would feel very similar to a subcompact small, but it looks like I was wrong. I really want to get a FDE compact small to try it out. I've found just about every grip I want besides compact medium. grr.
Oh, I don't think they make a compact FDE in small. Black it is, I suppose.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've yet to get my hands on a small compact, but I do have a compact medium and subcompact small. To me, there's a big difference between the two! I was thinking a compact small would feel very similar to a subcompact small, but it looks like I was wrong. I really want to get a FDE compact small to try it out. I've found just about every grip I want besides compact medium. grr.
Oh, I don't think they make a compact FDE in small. Black it is, I suppose.
Looking to try a small COMPACT as well, but not willing to spend more money on it.

I just watched a video of the SC S vs M circumference at 5.25" and 5.5" respectively. Never measured my Compact-M for comparison but my SC-S is on the small side for me.

EDIT: I actually shot better with Compact M vs my SC-S for some reason.

·
Registered
278 Posts
My Full size Small and SubCompact Small both measure the same. 5-3/8" with my double balls accurate paracord measuring device.
The Full size does feel slightly bigger. But, the paracord does not lie. =) Or does it?

Edit: I measured from the top of the mag release thru the trigger guard and back around to the top of the mag release.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.