SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have not personally attended the training, but have looked into it and talked to a friend who did attend. They apparently offer very good training, well controlled and safe, for all levels of expertise with an emphasis on weapons handling, safe operations, and malfunction-clearing. They do offer different level courses, although I do not know if you must take the beginning courses to qualify to take advanced courses. At the time I checked (couple years ago) they had some requirements, including: (1) no hand-loaded ammo is allowed; must be commercial ammo, and (2) your holster must be OWB and vertical - no FBI tilt.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'm a member of Front Sight Firearms Training Institute and have received training there in their defensive handgun course. It is, in my opinion, fantastic...but not worth what you'd pay for it if you buy it full price online.
They do offer advanced courses in handgun, rifle, and shotgun but in order to take those courses you have to be a distinguished graduate of the corresponding basic course. This would mean that in the handgun course, not only are you a very quick and accurate shot, but you can clear various types of semi-automatic malfunctions rapidly. (You can "cheat" and use a revolver thereby bypassing the malfunction clearing requirements.)
I never made it to that level though I attained the level of Graduate on my last visit. Sadly, I'm just too slow...but very accurate. I got zero points deducted for flyers!
If you want to know more, PM me. I'd be happy to discuss my experience at Front Sight in whatever detail you'd like.

·
Registered
17,948 Posts
I know a couple of people who have gone to classes there and they felt it was worthwhile.

Being reloaders, they didn't like the fact that they lost 1,000 empties apiece, but that's understandable as the instructors don't have time to wait for everyone to pick up their brass.

OTOH, they haven't gone to any classes from anywhere else, so they really didn't have anything to compare the classes to, and that might make a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.