SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a Dawson front sight for my P320 X-Full slide in .400" height, as I'm mounting a DPP. On the Dawson site, it lists two different SKU's for Standard vs Compact slides (even with the same .400" height).

I ordered this one:
https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-sig-p320-black-front-sights/

This is shown for "Compact" slides:
https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-sig-p320-compact-black-front-sights/

I asked Dawson customer service if they could tell me the difference between the two, as I may want to move the sight from my X-Full slide to my X-Compact slide in the future. They said, "The dovetail dimensions are slightly different for the two models. This is why we list them differently."

When I asked for the exact dimensional difference, they said, "I can't give out that info. The sights are made to the factory Sig dovetail cuts for those models. For the dovetail dimensions contact Sig."

When I look on the Sig site, it doesn't differentiate between slide length for options when purchasing sights; you can only select height by number (#6, #8, etc.). Is there an actual difference in dovetail dimensions between the slide lengths?

I'm hoping that the dovetail dimensions are the same, so that I can use the same Dawson sight across multiple slide lengths. Can someone please confirm? Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dawson does the same thing for their P320 sight sets. I recently bought a set for Full.

One SKU for Compact, and different SKU for all other barrel lengths.
Thanks, SigMHS - my question is specifically about the Dawson sights. What is the difference between the two SKU's? From what I can see, Sig sells the same sights to fit all P320 models, just differing by height. Why does Dawson have one for Compact and another for other barrel lengths?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Thanks, SigMHS - my question is specifically about the Dawson sights. What is the difference between the two SKU's? From what I can see, Sig sells the same sights to fit all P320 models, just differing by height. Why does Dawson have one for Compact and another for other barrel lengths?
Your question is one good one. I don't know.

My Dawson P320 "non-Compact" model front sight dove tail width (at its widest point - the bottom) = 0.2015 in.

Maybe someone out there has an uninstalled Dawson Compact model that they can measure for comparison???

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
To get the fiber optic that I wanted for my P320F, I had to order a Dawson for a "P Series"
It took a lot of tinkering (read stoning/measuring/test fitting)

Pro Tip :
As Dave Dawson shows in his video, fit the sight to slide into the dovetail to the half way point before going to the pusher or punch.
Also, pre-determine which way your sight should push off and on. Very important piece of data.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good video, my x5 front sight was in there good, beat the snot out of the supplied punch getting it out (yes i was going in the right direction). Didn't notice a sku difference on that. Very minor fitting needed and went right on.

Now that I reread I see "X" compact, i guess it might make sense especially if they meant it to be more of a carry piece. Smaller maybe?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.