SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My XFIVE Legion had to be out of commission for two weeks while I waited for a replacement grip module after it was scratched in transit upon purchase delivery, so I had this wonderful XFIVE FCU and too much curiosity.

I now have a firearm that performs as good as the XFIVE but looks unique:

IMG_6992.jpg

IMG_6993.jpg

IMG_6994.jpg

• Sig Sauer P320 PRO-CUT Full Slide 4.7" 9MM Coyote
  • Wilson Combat Full-Size Grip Module
  • 4.7 Barrel & Spring
  • XFIVE FCU with Flat Skeletonized Enhanced Trigger
  • O-Light Baldr Mini in Desert Tan
  • XRay3 Day/Night Tritium Sights
  • 21 Round Magazine from M-17

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sexy. Does the Wilson grip have added weight that gets it back in the ballpark of the Sig tungsten grip?

Reactions: ronmart

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sexy. Does the Wilson grip have added weight that gets it back in the ballpark of the Sig tungsten grip?
Not yet. The ShopWilsonCombat.com website was having massive problems the day I ordered so I had to re-create the order over 30 times before it finally stuck. Because I got in this pattern of having to re-load the cart, I was skipping weights then eventually forgot. Since that means I have to pay more shipping - again (ugh!!!!!) I decided to wait for a bit before I do that. My XFIVE grip is back tomorrow so I'm debating if I should do it or not.

You know - those lies you tell yourself about "well you don't really NEED it".

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
Well I like it....Looks good!

As far as the weights..
At 1.5oz I was thinking of getting the 3bar weights but reports have expressed that in the end it is not enough difference to be noticed and nowhere near the weight of the Legion Tungsten.

So I kept my 20 bucks and did not order the weights.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well I like it....Looks good!

As far as the weights..
At 1.5oz I was thinking of getting the 3bar weights but reports have expressed that in the end it is not enough difference to be noticed and nowhere near the weight of the Legion Tungsten.

So I kept my 20 bucks and did not order the weights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTxwNTUnMZ8

I have the X5 Legion and a Wilson Combat grip. I agree about the Wilson weights. The Tungsten bar in the X5 basically fills the backstrap area whereas the Wilson weights are three tiny rods. The Wilson grip module is great, but it does not have the mass of the Sig.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,001 Posts
I really like it. Congrats.

Reactions: ronmart

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm not a fan of the coyote tan, which is whey I went for the "Bravo" variant on my M17, but I dig the two-tone look you have going on here.

I handled an X5 Legion at a shop back in March and really loved the weight & balance of it. I want one, but don't want to drop the $$$ on it right now. Picked up the Wilson Combat grip with tungsten weight kit this week, hoping it'd be a cheap alternative to get closer to that X5 Legion feel.... Hard to say without being able to handle both at the same time, but I don't think it comes close.

I saw one of the reviews on the Sig site said the Pro Cut slide weighs more than the standard slide?

I'd be curious on what the weight difference is between this setup and the X5 Legion is, especially if you add the tungsten weight kit to the Wilson Combat grip. Also the weight difference between the grips alone.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not a fan of the coyote tan, which is whey I went for the "Bravo" variant on my M17, but I dig the two-tone look you have going on here.

I handled an X5 Legion at a shop back in March and really loved the weight & balance of it. I want one, but don't want to drop the $$$ on it right now. Picked up the Wilson Combat grip with tungsten weight kit this week, hoping it'd be a cheap alternative to get closer to that X5 Legion feel.... Hard to say without being able to handle both at the same time, but I don't think it comes close.

I saw one of the reviews on the Sig site said the Pro Cut slide weighs more than the standard slide?

I'd be curious on what the weight difference is between this setup and the X5 Legion is, especially if you add the tungsten weight kit to the Wilson Combat grip. Also the weight difference between the grips alone.
Unfortunately I can't weigh it, but I own an XFIVE Legion and this and really the only difference I'd say is the amount of muzzle flip. I prefer the sights on this one, but I've put a Delta Point Pro on the XFIVE Legion so it is obviously easier to acquire a target. The longer barrel probably helps with accuracy too, but this one is plenty accurate when I don't screw up.

This feels lighter, but I actually like that about it. I'm also a big fan of the XRAY3 sights way more than fiber optic - especially since they both work at night and are huge and bright during the day (vs the M17/18 which are just white during the day and virtually identical to XRAY3 at night).

The XFIVE Legion grip shape isn't my favorite, but the weight feels good and the texture works - but more aggressive like this would be preferred. I've gotten used to it now, so I like it quite a bit.

In the end, the biggest game changer is the XFIVE Legion trigger which is what makes this pistol so great. I don't know if they just put the skeletonized trigger on an otherwise normal P320 trigger or if there are upgraded springs and bars, but whatever it is - that's the magic I love the most about the XFIVE Legion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts