SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daughters boy friend just got two police trade in P226's 9mms. Both have very little internal wear and tear(as expected) but they have a lot of holster wear (as expected) That are the options to get the frames refinished at reasonable prices?:confused:

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Reactions: FLASIG

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Daughters boy friend just got two police trade in P226's 9mms. Both have very little internal wear and tear(as expected) but they have a lot of holster wear (as expected) That are the options to get the frames refinished at reasonable prices?:confused:
Sig's custom shop does offer a slide refinishing service, but as DBS stated, they do not refinish frames. Sometimes local gun stores have vendors who refinish guns locally, so you may want to consider some of those options as well.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I Agree with DBS about CCR. They did a P220 nickel slide for me for $100. It looks great! I hear good things about Robar but I do not have first hand knowledge of their work. Call both and see if you like one over the other. I do not think you will be disappointed with either of them.
I did not see the first time I read your post you want the frames refinished. Sorry about my mistake. I am not sure about frame refinishing. Call them and ask.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I did not see the first time I read your post you want the frames refinished. Sorry about my mistake. I am not sure about frame refinishing. Call them and ask.
Both of the outfits I mentioned will do anodized aluminum SIG frames, and will do them properly.

MANY other outfits will do SIG frames, but don't know how to properly handle the anodized aluminum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.