SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, This is my first time posting and Im in the market for a light to put on my P229 Legion. I was wondering if anyone has the Foxtrot 1? If so what is your opinion of it? I really like the way it looks and it says it ranges from 100-300 lumens. I also thought about the inforce apl, but Ive read problems with the polymer cracking. Waiting to hear how their 3.0 version holds up. Im a new Sig owner and I've learned a lot of really great info from this site. Thanks in advance.

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,437 Posts
Hi guys, This is my first time posting and Im in the market for a light to put on my P229 Legion. I was wondering if anyone has the Foxtrot 1? If so what is your opinion of it? I really like the way it looks and it says it ranges from 100-300 lumens. I also thought about the inforce apl, but Ive read problems with the polymer cracking. Waiting to hear how their 3.0 version holds up. Im a new Sig owner and I've learned a lot of really great info from this site. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum, from the southwest corner of Indiana. The big question concerning any light or laser attachment to Sig's propriety rail, is "fit".
Unlike the mil-spec M1913 rail, which has a flat bottom interface, instead of Sig's propriety "arched" bottom interface. Depending on the composition of the light, marring of the pistols rails send many owners into a "tizzy"! The "polymer cracking" that you cite, is probably due to trying to tighten the light for little to no movement, with a "not so exact interface", if you understand what I am trying to say.
One would expect Sig to introduce their light to be compatible with their pistols. But depending on model, they will have either the Sig rail, or the mil-spec M1913 rail. Their advertisement on their site, says it will fit both types, so as far as I can tell, nothing has changed. Realistically, they should have introduced two models, one to perfectly fit each rail type.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum, from the southwest corner of Indiana. The big question concerning any light or laser attachment to Sig's propriety rail, is "fit".
Unlike the mil-spec M1913 rail, which has a flat bottom interface, instead of Sig's propriety "arched" bottom interface. Depending on the composition of the light, marring of the pistols rails send many owners into a "tizzy"! The "polymer cracking" that you cite, is probably due to trying to tighten the light for little to no movement, with a "not so exact interface", if you understand what I am trying to say.
One would expect Sig to introduce their light to be compatible with their pistols. But depending on model, they will have either the Sig rail, or the mil-spec M1913 rail. Their advertisement on their site, says it will fit both types, so as far as I can tell, nothing has changed. Realistically, they should have introduced two models, one to perfectly fit each rail type.
Yeah I have heard about the problems with lights on Sig's arched bottom rail. I was wondering if the the foxtrot1 fits its as it should. Thanks for answering my question. Now I would just like to know someone who actually has one of these bad boys.

· Registered
94 Posts
I saw one for sale in a store. I was looking for an Inforce APL for my Legion. A day after I bought the Inforce, I bought another Sig. Now I'm kicking myself for not asking the salesman to take it out of the case. I too would like to know how well they fit on the proprietary rail. I'd rather not scrape up/mar my new Sig. I don't mind holster wear etc... but not damage caused by an accessory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.