SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the P320 out, and hadn't shot my new P365XL yet either, though I owned one in the past. Also, ran the P365X, and only a mag or two through the P365. Made me kinda sick in a happy way, as we ran over 700 rounds through the four guns. I wanted to get the newer ones broken in. We've also started doing a lot more 25 yard practice than we used to. We always took the easy way out and dismissed it as not likely ever needed, but man, we are catching on quick and it's fun to see those hits happen more and more. And, if you can do it at 25, you can easily do it at ranges inside 25 yards. I know many are good at those ranges, but we always ran 15 yards and less with handguns. It requires you to work on marksmanship and slow it down a bit.

The P320 got over 275 through it, with one hiccup in the beginning with my buddy shooting its 3rd magazine. The P320 is an interesting bird. Recoil was very low, as expected, but so soft shooting that it barely ejects brass. Brass was popping back and to the right, usually gently landing on my right forearm and even my wrist, almost rolling off the gun. All Blazer Brass 115 Grain, which it's a pretty good target load and runs fine in the other guns. Not at all displeased with it, the Picture below is my first or second mag, at 15 yards, middle target.

Target on the Right was me having fun with the P365 XL and practicing recoil control with good grip. Some of the misses above the right shoulder, there, were me picking a new aiming point and trying to make more holes there. It's a 15 minute live fire range, so you can't go swap targets as often as we'd like.

Picture of the Beautiful AZ Desert Backdrop at the range. I love this state, and the desert. :)

We ran the P320 pretty hard, giving it few breaks, and got it smoking hot a couple times. You can see the powder fouling building up on the front of the frame. She's an excellent shooter. Only thing I'd change is the medium size grip circumference, and I already have an FDE small size grip on the way. That will make the P320 my first fullsize that fits me perfectly, and I'm so glad I got that thing. Interesting note on that below.

This is my best friend shooting the P320, known the guy for 27 years. He's a good shooter, and is a stout Springfield XD guy. His XD40 has seen over 6K rounds over the years, and he doesn't change out guns, ever. After shooting the P365XL and then the P320, which he really liked, he was saying he might have to get one of these P320s. Hearing him say that these Sigs are something else was straight up shocking. He was blown away by the standard P365 and its stupid good accuracy, he couldn't believe such a tiny gun could be that accurate. He prefers fullsize guns, even though he's a small frame guy.

Everything else yesterday ran really nicely; P365 XL got smoking hot a couple times and put 250+ through it, no malfunctions. Ran another 100+ through my P365X which is quickly becoming my favorite gun. The P365 Standard ran just a couple mags of Critical Defense, as I usually keep one gun pretty clean to and from the range, and she did well, too. I hate running that much ammo these days, but I'm blessed that I'm able to do it. It's not always been this way for us, and it won't always be. Only live once, one day at a time. :)

One last fun shot: Me shooting the S&W 686 4". Fireballs. 357MAG at 25 yards on a 12 inch target, all 6 shots were hits, DAO no cocking the hammer, and 5 of those shots could've been placed on an 8" target. I feel dumb that I forgot pics of that one.

Thanks for reading my share. Good time at the range.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your P320 should not be barely ejecting brass. You may want to check and make sure your extractor spring doesn’t need replacing.
Just did the detail strip, and extractor spring came out so the striker could come out. Spring seems fine. Hopefully more will chime in on that, but I've never really run Blazer 115 out of anything except these tiny guns. Fullsize guns might just slowly chug it along.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Just did the detail strip, and extractor spring came out so the striker could come out. Spring seems fine. Hopefully more will chime in on that, but I've never really run Blazer 115 out of anything except these tiny guns. Fullsize guns might just slowly chug it along.
Blazer isn’t the worst ammo in the world but I’m not a big fan. I’m sure your next step is to try with another brand of ammo. Let us know if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did run a little Federal 9BP. Got a good deal on it, and run it through 4"+ barrel guns. That seemed to do ok, but only ran a couple mags of it. I'm sure it's no biggie. Haven't even Googled it yet, that should show ya I'm relaxed about it. 😂 🤪

·
Registered
518 Posts
1 in 5 extractors of a certain age... 🤣

More seriously, I've run Blazer 115, as well as MagTech, PMC, and S&B 115 grain hardball through mine and don't have any issues at all in terms of proper extraction. My P320 ejects spent brass strongly. And I've got somewhere between five and ten thousand rounds through it (In a previous assignment I had the flexibility to go to the range and let my mind focus on what I was doing with the gun while the problem I was trying to think my way through ran in the background, so I did a lot of shooting for about 6 months or so. One to three times a week, usually about 300 to 500 rounds at a time.).

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see what you did, there. 😂 Yeah, I'll probably sit tight unless it starts having FTE's. Next outing I'll run some Federal 115 FMJ, which is a little hotter in my experiences, and see how it does. I could always call them and see if they Say it's normal, which they probably would. I also attributed it to being brand new. RSA and stuff still probably pretty tight.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I see what you did, there. 😂 Yeah, I'll probably sit tight unless it starts having FTE's. Next outing I'll run some Federal 115 FMJ, which is a little hotter in my experiences, and see how it does. I could always call them and see if they Say it's normal, which they probably would. I also attributed it to being brand new. RSA and stuff still probably pretty tight.
I've also found that my P320 and both my P365 and P365XL prefer 124 grain regular pressure hardball in terms of point of aim equals point of impact. Especially the latter two. +P self defense rounds are fine, much less to no difference provided I do my part.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's one thing I've always really liked about Sigs, in my shorter tenure amongst you guys. These things always seem to shoot pretty straight, which most guns do, but these ones are just on. As I mentioned, I think it's the P365 that creates this belief. Being such a tiny gun and being so accurate, and also being much more forgiving than many smaller 9s like this, make them winners. Yeah, I typically always run 115s which can be problematic with some guns, but it's never been a major issue, and they seem to hit where I want them to.

My P320 was combat hold with the Blazer, which I expect out of the P365s, but not a larger gun. Maybe the round is underpowered. I know there's more to it all than just that, but it's an interesting note as I expect a 6 o'clock hold with a larger sight radius. Really, I just shoot a gun and learn its hold with said sights, and don't think too much about it unless it's a windage issue. That requires adjustment, vertical position of POI doesn't bother me unless it's drastic IE shooting real high or real low outside these Hold parameters.

·
Registered
518 Posts
That's one thing I've always really liked about Sigs, in my shorter tenure amongst you guys. These things always seem to shoot pretty straight, which most guns do, but these ones are just on. As I mentioned, I think it's the P365 that creates this belief. Being such a tiny gun and being so accurate, and also being much more forgiving than many smaller 9s like this, make them winners. Yeah, I typically always run 115s which can be problematic with some guns, but it's never been a major issue, and they seem to hit where I want them to.

My P320 was combat hold with the Blazer, which I expect out of the P365s, but not a larger gun. Maybe the round is underpowered. I know there's more to it all than just that, but it's an interesting note as I expect a 6 o'clock hold with a larger sight radius. Really, I just shoot a gun and learn its hold with said sights, and don't think too much about it unless it's a windage issue. That requires adjustment, vertical position of POI doesn't bother me unless it's drastic IE shooting real high or real low outside these Hold parameters.
My full size XDM and my XDS 3.3, both in .45, are tack drivers. And they’re robustly built. Say what you will about Springfield, I know folks have their issues with them, but HS Produkt, which makes their XD series of guns makes a very, very, very good product.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Is that Ben Avery?

Reactions: PilatusTurbo

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yes, it is Ben Avery. :) Phenomenal range.
Figured it was either there or Rio Salado and I didn't remember RS pistol range looking like that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update: My Buddy in the above rep/story just ordered a P320 AXG Classic. I told him we're not friends anymore. 😂 I honestly figured it was just him being positive, but man, he's serious. Hopefully he joins us here, we'll see. He's not much of a forums guy.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts