SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone else here that is a former Beretta snob like me? For over 20 years, Beretta was my main focus. Then, a little over two years ago, I bought my first Sig - the M11-A1. Now I'm down to my last Beretta handgun (PX4 Compact 9mm which is still great) and up to 5 Sigs. Don't get me wrong; Berettas are great firearms. But I'm afraid I'm now a SIG SNOB!!!

Can anyone help with this condition in which I find myself?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Nope, no help here other than to assist with enabling. I'm poly- (actually, steel) amorous. Beretta, Sig, CZ... I'd take any of them.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Vigilant Curmudgeon
469 Posts
Beretta 92 series have been my 1st "go to"... pistols. Even before owning a 1911.
Admittedly, I have won a couple of amateur shoots with my first Beretta 9mm.
Sentimentality lets me like it as much as my only Sig .

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yes I was a Beretta snob and still own a PX4 Storm Compact (you are right, still a great gun), M9A3 and 96FS Elite A1 with Bar-Sto .40 and Sig 357 barrels.

However, once coming over to Sig there is little going back. I am considering selling the Elite A1 to fund a P225 A1.

Don't get me wrong, Beretta makes a really nice gun. The slides glide like they were on ball bearings. The PX4 I did all the mods to and my M9A3 also has a lot of personal changes to it. I still like how they look, feel and shoot.

However, Sig makes some of the finest guns on the planet and provides a lot of diversity. Lets face it, with Beretta you have, really, 2 basic designs.

Welcome to the fold.

Reactions: sigsrok

·
🎖USA Veteran
3,028 Posts
I don't think it is possible to shake the "whatever it is about the Beretta Cheetah". Although not a fan of the .380 or the .22 in the case of some Cheetahs, the feel of one in your hand and in your vision is a true dream.

Yes, I also love the Sigs primarily the hammered fired ones like those in the P Series.

My real problem is I have a fetish for older S&W revolvers. I have them on up from the lemon squeezers, actually New Departure, to the era of the internal lock. I actually even own one internal lock S&W. There are still a few on my bucket list like the Victory and the Model 29 and not to mention a Registered Magnum.

So all the rest of you, count yourself lucky.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I don't think it is possible to shake the "whatever it is about the Beretta Cheetah". Although not a fan of the .380 or the .22 in the case of some Cheetahs, the feel of one in your hand and in your vision is a true dream.

Yes, I also love the Sigs primarily the hammered fired ones like those in the P Series.
When I first had a desire to get back into guns in 2010 I began looking for a Beretta 84FS Cheetah .380.. held one at a show 20 years before and was in love, but no money.
So in 2010, went to Beretta forum and all I read were posts about the Beretta was good but it was no Sig.. lol
Well, got into Sigs and a bunch of Sigs later I got that 84FS. But I'm glad I got the Sigs first because if I hadn't I may have just got this little Cheetah and stopped. Love this gun so much fun to shoot!

In the meantime, had picked up a 87 Cheetah .22.. one of the most beautiful guns I've ever seen.. imho. Real steel. But now can't bring myself to shoot it.

And yes on the hammer fire Sigs, when all the new and shiny has passes by me I like to pull out my P225 Montage Suisse with the Canton stamp.. the history is part of the joy for me.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
PX4 Sub Compact a couple of Sigs and several other makes ..

Just a pistol snob !! And I just picked up my first AR 15 ..

I feel another snob coming on !!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I like my Sigs, but still have a lotta love for the Beretta too. My favorite Beretta is my 92 compact INOX. Just a nice gun. My unicorn as some may say is the Billenium. Finding one is hard. Finding one at a reasonable price, near impossible.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I love Berettas and gotta say that PX4 Storm is one of my favorite 2 or 3 pistols to shoot. When I bring newbies out they almost always like that one the best. The APX has my attention as well but I don't see changing my EDC from a Sig any time in the foreseeable.

The Langdon PX4 Compact Carry is another one I'm interested in. I think the ARX was a dog though.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,018 Posts
I wouldn't say a "Snob", so much, as an owner, yes, for a few years, only because initially I wanted to see what the Army was getting itself into. It was basically a 92FS with Trijicon sights from the distributor. I kept it until I retired from the military, and got a 96 FS a little later to take advantage of the .40 S&W ammunition I accumulated while a cop, for practice. It's strictly a range toy, as I'm not as "agile" as I used to be, and after watching a video several years ago about convicts instructing their younger generation on how to disarm a cop, I've quit carrying one for SD.

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I like my Sigs, but still have a lotta love for the Beretta too. My favorite Beretta is my 92 compact INOX. Just a nice gun. My unicorn as some may say is the Billenium. Finding one is hard. Finding one at a reasonable price, near impossible.

I have the same exact pistol. Out of the box probably one of the finest shooting pistols I own. I always said for a stock pistol it's so smooth it feels like it's been reworked. I know I paid less then $600. Brand new. Hard to beat this gun. But Sig is still my favorite...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.