SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Would you say it's worth $50 when it's back in stock? Have you used the apex to know if there is much difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I installed the Apex in my compact and wasn't crazy about it and went back to the curved trigger. I don't know if SIG's product would be much different from the Apex. But each of us has our own likes when it comes to trigger set-ups, so one of these options could be just right for you.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks for the input! I am very happy with the apex, except for the fact that it has some side to side play. Nothing crazy, just enough to annoy me lol. The stock curved trigger really bit my finger so there's no going back to that.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Would you say it's worth $50 when it's back in stock? Have you used the apex to know if there is much difference?

i had the apex enhanced trigger installed prior to getting the x5 flat trigger. i liked it a lot more than the stock p320 trigger. i havent had any range time with the new x5 trigger yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does this trigger reduce trigger pull like he Apex enhanced trigger or is it just a flat faced trigger like the original Apex trigger? I already have the enhanced Apex trigger and I like the pull of the trigger but do not like the shape of it. It is too thin and doesn't sit/feel right against my finger. I would love this one as it is thicker like the stock trigger but if it is only a flat trigger and doesn't reduce the pull, personally I'm not sure its worth the money.

·
Registered
529 Posts

I installed a Gray Guns flat trigger on my P320sc 9mm, also replaced the trigger spring. For me it was a welcomed difference. With the replacement spring it reduced the trigger pull by a couple of pounds.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I just noticed on Sig's website that they are now offering a flat trigger replacement for the P320. It sells for $49.95 and is currently in stock. Any thoughts?
I am a Sig Certified P320 Armorer, as well as Sig Classic Series and several other pistols. The owner of my FFL just received his personal P320RX. He fired it for about 40 rounds, then brought it to me. In two different 10 pull trigger pull force trials, the stock Sig trigger pull force was 5 lbs. 10 oz. in one and 5 lbs. 15 oz. in the other.

I then installed the Gray Guns P320 Flat trigger and spring and greased the action in critical locations. After that the trigger pull force was 4 lbs. 1 oz. in a 10 pull test and 4 lbs. 0 oz. in a 5 pull verification test. I am going to have him fire it for a while like this before doing any polishing to determine if any further improvement is possible.

Regarding data accuracy: I am a mechanical engineer with years of manufacturing, quality engineering and metrology experience. The tests providing the data were done with a digital trigger force gauge, after I completed enough trials to perfect my technique to get readings as repeatable and reproduce-able (R&R) as possible, including using the same distance down the trigger (lever arm). In addition, I am a data hound and perfectionist.

This was the first P320 I did this installation on. I file all of my data, however, so my database and population will grow with every installation I do.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just got the flat P320 trigger that I ordered from Sig on Thursday. The trigger spring was a bit of a PITA, but it only took me a couple of minutes to swap triggers.

I really like the flat trigger. Aesthetically, I think it looks great. It looks natural (not too thin).

As far as feel, again, I really like it. It feels nice and wide, and is comfortable on my finger (joint or pad). It breaks clean at ninety degrees. For my large hands and long fingers, where the trigger breaks with the flat trigger feels better, as it doesn't travel as far to the rear as the curved trigger.

I don't have a gauge, but I don't think the Sig flat trigger reduces pull weight. I debated getting a GG flat trigger, but I didn't want to lower the trigger weight.

I'll try to get some pictures uploaded this weekend, and test fire it Monday.

Edit: oh, and I also like that it has the "adverse" tap to keep debris out of the grip module.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Tried to get some pictures of the new trigger. Can't wait to test it out, but so far I'm really enjoying the feel and pull of it, as well as the looks.

Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun

Here is the "adverse" tab that helps seal the module. Also note, which you can see in the last three photos, it seems like the tab on the straight trigger sticks out less than the curved trigger. The tab is flush when I hit the "wall" during the trigger pull, and barley sticks out when the trigger breaks.
Trigger Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part

The next three photos are an attempt to show where the trigger breaks. The first photo is the trigger in the resting state, the next is where I met the "wall," and the last is the trigger break (all the way back).
Trigger Finger Thumb Hand Vehicle door

Finger Trigger Vehicle door Thumb

Finger Hand Thumb Trigger

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I am trying to understand the reasoning for installing a flat trigger. Comfort or does it make the trigger pull seem less??

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.