SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking possession of a used 1911 Nitron I acquired in a trade, I headed out to the range this AM with fingers crossed. My first 50 rounds were factory PMC and no problems. I then loaded up and went thru an additional 200 rounds of 4 different handloads without a hiccup.
I have owned Glocks, Berettas, Rugers, and Tauruses and have never had 250 successive perfect operations. I am so happy (and relieved) with this Sig that I just can't wait for my next range day.
The only thing I didn't do is try out my defensive ammo in this gun. Well.......next time.
So now if you'll excuse me, I've got a really dirty weapon to clean.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
After taking possession of a used 1911 Nitron I acquired in a trade, I headed out to the range this AM with fingers crossed. My first 50 rounds were factory PMC and no problems. I then loaded up and went thru an additional 200 rounds of 4 different handloads without a hiccup.
I have owned Glocks, Berettas, Rugers, and Tauruses and have never had 250 successive perfect operations. I am so happy (and relieved) with this Sig that I just can't wait for my next range day.
The only thing I didn't do is try out my defensive ammo in this gun. Well.......next time.
So now if you'll excuse me, I've got a really dirty weapon to clean.
Congrats on your new Sig 1911. That's been my experience so far as well with my Sig 1911s - they'll eat pretty much anything they are fed, and are rock solid.

There continues to be this myth that 1911s are "finicky when it comes to ammo" and "unreliable," both of which may be true if you buy a cheap, poorly made 1911. But Sigs (along with many other higher-end 1911s) prove that's simply not the case these days.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still working on the grips. [URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Thanks for the pics and welcome to the forum. Love the nitron model. I have the compact nitron with 4.2” barrel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts