SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first SIG its a P226 9mm.Great gun alittle dated.My gun is just about new.I was wondering what was the purpose of the E2 grip.Does it make the gun more like a 1911 grip.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I got my first SIG its a P226 9mm.Great gun alittle dated.My gun is just about new.I was wondering what was the purpose of the E2 grip.Does it make the gun more like a 1911 grip.
First off, not dated. Is one of the finest firearms ever made.
The E2 grips were just one of several factory grips Sig featured over the years. Those with smaller hands tend to find E2s appealing due to their slimmer dimensions. Enjoy your new P226. Take good care of her and she will you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You've got a great gun. The E2 is for small hands but converting to regular grips (and the after market as well) is pretty straight forward. If you mean "dated" as in classic, stood the test of time and battle, then yes. If you mean "dated" as in not the new hotness that comes and goes like the wind, then also yes. Congrats on a wise choice!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,304 Posts
Welcome, and your "dated" comment, seems out of place, as the E2 grips themselves, have been around only a dozen years at best, while the P226 itself in 9mm, closer to 38 years...

While E2 grips can be fit to almost the earliest P226s, it shows versatility, in allowing more modern strut systems, into an older version, maintaining its viability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts