SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum. Just received my P220R 45acp Scorpion fired it for first time today. Wow. I have always had NM grade 1911s [and an XDs 45 acp] in 45 acp. I had fired a P220R Extreme and instantly fell in love with the instinctive ergonomics and excellent DA/SA trigger [SRT].

I shot 100 rds through today out to 60 yds. First magazine was a ragged hole at 10yds and I could not get the grin off after that. Rapid follow up hits were exceptionally easy. Multi targets were acquired and hit with ease.

The G-10 Hogue grips are a tad wide as is the trigger; will take my time and see if I need to change them. Any suggestions on alternate thinner grips?

Reset is about 1/8" and box code sticker on box reads "P220R, 45, SLITE, SRT, Scorpion"; hence I believe it is an SRT trigger.

Tombstone Tactical had the Scorpion in my hands three days after I emailed in my order. Super service.

I did call Sig and asked about "test rounds" [after seeing residue on bolt face] and slight difference in slide vs frame tan colors. Sig [NH] said they fire a full magazine through each firearm before it leaves and color difference was due to SS [slide] vs alloy [frame] and because they are not coated as a unit.

Slight two tone looks very cool!

Completely hooked on DA/SA for a defensive carry; never got really comfortable with "cocked and locked" carry with 1911s or Browning HPs.

Phil

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hello and welcome from Alaska

·
Registered
55,672 Posts
congratulations & welcome from az.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This thread needs Pictures ! .. oh and welcome from Texas :p

·
Registered
22,021 Posts
You picked a fine example for your first Sig. Love the looks of the Scorpion! Welcome from Alabama to the friendliest forum on The Net.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Good morning Phil, and welcome to Sig Talk from West Virginia!

Your detailed intro was a delight to read. As you will (or already have) observe, ST is home to lots of knowledgeable folks who love their Sigs, as well as the joy of sharing their knowledge and experience with others.

Thanks for serving to "sweeten the (our) pot." May your tribe increase!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.